Cracked dashboards???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked dashboards???

So my firebird has alot of cracks on the dashboard....... How do I get it fixed?????

Re: Cracked dashboards???

mine just cracked too big chunk right next to the windsheild... i think all that can be done is replace it

Comment

you can go the ugly way and get a dashmat or the hard way and get it replaced. I have one in the passenger side, i try to use those windshield protectors whenever i can. Sun FTL
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Fury
        So my firebird has alot of cracks on the dashboard....... How do I get it fixed?????
        Super Glue
        Dashmat
        Duct Tape
        Replace it

Comment

I bought a dashmat and then trimmed it. I only used it to cover the plastic piece of the dash, not the vinyl parts or the passenger side air bag. The dash mat actually has a seam that when cut open and taken apart it covers the plastic dash perfectly.

Comment

Mine was cracked as well, the only way to fix it, with no visiable crack line is to replace it, unless like others said, you want to get a dash mat.

Comment

if you wanna put some work into something that still won't look as good as a new one, you can take it out, use some liquid nails or something and reenforce behind the crack from underneath, get the crack as level and close as possible, then sand it perfectly flat and spray it with that dashboard paint that is slightly texturized.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Mines cracked as well around the defrost vent... but I'm just gonna let it go until I finally have the money and time to replace the whole dash.
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X