Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zaino!?!?

Originally posted by Shirl
    Never had luck with it. In fact I gave mine away to a friend. On black, you have to stick with what works and that stuff was putting a haze on my shiny paint. There are too many BS steps that you have to take to get it to work correctly.

you clean the car off and put it on like wax? whats the hard part? Only real step that is difficult is claybaring, but that is a prefered method on any major detailing.

and when it hazed, are you sure you didn't forget to wipe it off after it dryed :)

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
      you clean the car off and put it on like wax? whats the hard part? Only real step that is difficult is claybaring, but that is a prefered method on any major detailing.

and when it hazed, are you sure you didn't forget to wipe it off after it dryed :)
      The paint on my car is custom, cleared and buffed to a mirror shine. No claybarring ever needed. Like I said, it put a nasty haze on it (that would not wipe off) and it was a nightmare because black shows EVERYTHING. It took me several washings to get it off. It could have been because I use a polish/cleaner and the two possibly didn't bond together creating a haze.. who knows. All I know for certain, is that it worked like **** and it's not worth the cost. But to each his own. I'll stick with what works. :)
      Last edited by Shirl; 07-01-2007, 04:01 PM.
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
        The paint on my car is custom, cleared and buffed to a mirror shine. No claybarring ever needed.
        If your car has a clearcoat then it needs to be clayed.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
          If your car has a clearcoat then it needs to be clayed.
          Why?
          (Keep in mind the car is not a daily driver. The polish/cleaner that I use leaves the finish smooth as glass with no dirt whatsoever.)
          What does the claybar contain that any other cleaner does not?
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

A claybar will pull enviromental fall out and some other things off the clearcoat that a paint cleaner probably won't.

Since your car is garaged and not daily driven then you probably won't have to use a claybar very often, but using it once or twice a year certainly wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              1 week ago
            • LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X