center console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• center console

okay so I think I'm going a little crazy posting these new threads tonight but anyway I was browsing around my local junkyard the other day and I found a nice 2000 camaro with a pretty good interior. Now I have a 5-speed 94 camaro with just one cup holder...right behind the shifter. I don't really like bringing drinks in my car in the first place but whenever I do I run the risk of knocking it over while trying to shift into 2nd and 4th because of the damn cup. I was wondering if it is possible to switch the center console from this 2000 camaro (which is also a 5-speed, so it has the larger shifter hole) into my car, because it has a whopping 4 cupholders! Anyone else do this swap?
    94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
    97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
    98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Re: center console

wtf - 2000s and up have 4 cupholders?
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

yeah same with my bro's 98 firebird...one behind the shifter, a fold out one for the passenger and two on the back of the console
      97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
      98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

97 and up have them.
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

yes it would fit, but i believe there would be a gap where your cig lighter area is.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
            yes it would fit, but i believe there would be a gap where your cig lighter area is.
            yeah. Didn't realize I didnt answer the question in my first post :P
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

this reminds me of the new Hyundai Sante Fe vs. Land Rover commercial
              1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

haha i know if i wanted cup holders i wouldn't have bought a camaro, but it really is a pain in the *** trying to shift with a drink right by your wrist so i figured it be worth it if it's a direct swap that doesn't look like crap
                98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

oops i didn't know i couldn't say @$$ sorry moderators
                  98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

the side cup holder on the passenger side is useless... everytime i use it i spill that drink

Comment

Originally posted by Scott90
                      the side cup holder on the passenger side is useless... everytime i use it i spill that drink
                      haha thats my favorite one... I only take bottles in my car so that I can keep them closed. No cans or cups allowed. But anyways I always leave the pop bottles in that passenger fold out cupholder.
                      2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lil' jon
                        yeah same with my bro's 98 firebird...one behind the shifter, a fold out one for the passenger and two on the back of the console
                        oh yeah, duh.. i wasnt thinking about the back ones. i thought he meant like 4 all together. that would be weird haha
                        1999 v6 Camaro M5
                        Automatic to Manual converted
                        Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
                        !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          1 week ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          4 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 11:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X