Maaco paint jobs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maaco paint jobs!!

There is a new Maaco close to my house and I have heard both bad and good comments about Maacos jobs. The ones Ive seen them put out from this place have looked good so far. I went there the other day just to get an estimate on how much to paint my whole car. The guy quoted me just over 1700 to paint the entire car and jam it. This also include a 5 year waranty on the paint job. The one here uses Sherwin Williams paint which Ive used before and its a good brand of auto paint. The way I talked to the guy and asked all my questions it seems they are gonna do the job right. My buddy was going to do the job for me and the price was the same as Maacos. I jsut cant get it into him cuz he is so busy with stuff right now. What do you guys think about this?
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Re: Maaco paint jobs!!

Maaco jobs generally are pretty decent, IF you do all the prep work on your own. I had my old S-10 Blazer painted there, and it looked amazing after. But, within a month, the rust came back through cuz they didn't primer it or anything.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

1700 only??? Yeah, I would talk to some people that have went to that specific MAACO becaue you can't determine how good/bad they are from other shops. That shop may do a great job... and thats an awsome price imo if they do a great job. I'm looking at paying 3k to get the malibu painted, but that for stripping everything off and sandblasting the body from a local guy.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Well my buddy was gonna charge me the same price and they are gonna be doing the same amount of work as he was going to.
        www.vaperz.com

Comment

what 1700!?!? i had mine done at macco, best service with 5 year warranty and a BIG dent pulled for 1k straight

Comment

My dad was telling me about maaco in his day..said it was 29.95 to get a color change..
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Yea, just 1700 for a entire paint job.

I wish color changing was still that cheap at any body shop now days, lol.
              www.vaperz.com

Comment

website quoted differently. they just had a coupon for half off but i was broke.

just dont do earl sheib.

Comment

Maaco painted our 86 K5, they did a good job for the $500 we paid for the lowest level paint job. We had it painted over a year ago and it has held up quite well.

Comment

i dont ever want to hear sherwin williams, and good paint in the same sentence.

haha i work in the paint field. o well im gay.

Comment

Macco isn't "that" bad... just don't get the el-cheopo speical...

they did some surface rust repair, and panted my 85 camaro, to cut down on body work I replaced the front fender and hood. (silver car, blue hood, white fender) I was rednecktastic for 2-3 days :)

It was nice, had a good amount of metallic flake, not too much to look gay, but alot to make it look like a stockish color. It was silver. I always got compliments on the car.

I sold the car, guy modded it and shows it, rust didn't come back after 4 years last time I saw it. Same paint job.

I think ours was like $1k, with a half off coupon so about $550ish with the taxes and stuff.

Good money spent on the car.
                      Mine w

Comment

Pic of the car, its not clean, this was after I blew the engine but the paint was like a year old in this pick. I also "nicked" a tree going like 35, when you see the front right fender.

Comment

I trust PPG and PPG only on my car... and definitely not Maaco... good luck

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                            1700 only??? Yeah, I would talk to some people that have went to that specific MAACO becaue you can't determine how good/bad they are from other shops. That shop may do a great job

Your right

Originally posted by josh98bird
                            and thats an awsome price imo if they do a great job.
                            well not awsome... I payed $1200... to local shop

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2516564

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X