good news and bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good news and bad news

well, first the bad news...i ran my car into a pole at approximately 5 mph and cracked the whole front end, my new dual halos are broken because of my dad running into my car, and to top it all off the car looks completely horrible because of me...now, the good news, because of the front end damage it gave me an excuse to paint my car the color ive always wanted (sorry, the pewter mafias gonna have to live without me), the color is still undecided but will propably be black diamond metallic from house of kolors. also, the interior is being redone by me (its something ive always wanted to try and i decided to go for it). and the last thing is hard to tell you guys, but your losing a member of the v6 community... the 3800 will be replaced by a carbed 350, possibly a 383 stroker...ill post pics up as progress goes on, but for now you can all see how it was before the front end damage.

Re: good news and bad news

why are you going carb?
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Cuz carbed V8's kick ***!
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

true..

Comment

so do transvestite hookers....doesn't mean you should do it.....but good luck with all your endevours

Comment

if you wanna sell those wheels you let me know! and good luck!
            1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

fo sho^^^ the wheels are niceeeeeee
              ....WHITE CAMARO CLUB....? =(

Comment

sorry guys, the wheels arent leaving this car...black with polished aluminum :cool: mmm

Comment

I personally wouldn't go carb, but whatever floats your boat. Good luck with the project and post up pictures of your progress.

Comment

im still not certain on the engine im putting in...although i did have a kinda wild idea...what if i put in a northstar lh2? im not sure if i could get it to work, put i would love the sound of a cammed 32 valve :)

Comment

That would be a really cool swap. I have no idea how much work would be involved though.

Comment

the trick i think would be finding one...most northstars are for fwd cars, but the lh2 was "radically" redesigned in '02 for the rwd xlr, sts, and srx :work:

Comment

update: ok, well ive decided on a final color scheme, and its going to still be black...very very black. the engine i ended up with was a 350 v8 out of a 90 suburban (2 bolt main going to be converted to 4). i did a photoshop of what the car will hopefully look like when done so ill post it up later...oh, one more thing, the carbed v8 will have a hydrogen booster cell on board...now im not sure if its going to actually work, but im willing to give it a try :) heres the link: Here it's actually pretty interesting, and the concept is true, so we'll see and ill get back to you :tup:
                          Last edited by Tradition_F; 09-12-2007, 12:29 PM.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how that works out for you. Personally I think that you will be wasting you time and money. The amount of hydroxy which that cell can produce would be so little that any of the “advertised” advantages would be non-existent.

Yes there are emissions improvements with introducing hydrogen into the combustion. But I think that you will be putting some of your engine components at risk of hydrogen embrittlement (valves, rings, etc…) and possible pre-mature engine failure. Also, think about it. It’s going to cost you 20 amps of power drawn from the alternator to produce the hydroxyl, which means that the engine will have to more work to generate that power, which also means more fuel consumption. I would bet that the amount of hydroxy produced by 20 amps of power, if burned in an engine would not be enough to produce the 20 amps of power. If it did, then you would have a perpetual motion motor (producing the same amount or more energy then it consumes), which is impossible according to the laws of physics.

Didn’t Myth Busters do a thing on this just a while ago and prove it was bunk…baloney….busted (whatever)?
                            Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Originally posted by CDNFB
                              It will be interesting to see how that works out for you. Personally I think that you will be wasting you time and money. The amount of hydroxy which that cell can produce would be so little that any of the “advertised” advantages would be non-existent.

Yes there are emissions improvements with introducing hydrogen into the combustion. But I think that you will be putting some of your engine components at risk of hydrogen embrittlement (valves, rings, etc…) and possible pre-mature engine failure. Also, think about it. It’s going to cost you 20 amps of power drawn from the alternator to produce the hydroxyl, which means that the engine will have to more work to generate that power, which also means more fuel consumption. I would bet that the amount of hydroxy produced by 20 amps of power, if burned in an engine would not be enough to produce the 20 amps of power. If it did, then you would have a perpetual motion motor (producing the same amount or more energy then it consumes), which is impossible according to the laws of physics.

Didn’t Myth Busters do a thing on this just a while ago and prove it was bunk…baloney….busted (whatever)?
                              well, the thing is they're not really trying to sell you anything, so what do you have to lose? the plans for it are on the next page, and it uses a dc pulse motor controllers for creating different frequencies thus creating more hydroxy...the technology is close to the same used by stan mayers to power his entire car, just he found the perfect frequency. now the embrittlement im not sure about, but i guess im willing to take the risk :p

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X