removing my camaro from the crowd... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing my camaro from the crowd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing my camaro from the crowd...

iight guys...i need your help once more lol...i have a 95 camaro 3.4 A4 and, as some of you may know of me, i'm a 16 yr old between jobs (not alotta dough)...i, like many of you stock f-bodiers(is that even a true term??) am gettin really tired of blending into the rest of the camaro(or firebird) crowd...upon returning from the beach(woohoo) i plan to have my lettering filled in red, the car is black, and i'm having 3.4v6 lettering painted on the fenders...i also have a flowmaster cat-back+highflow cat, so i'm louder than the average teenager's camaro (most of these, like the ~10 4th gens at my school, are worn out beaters, and are taken care of terribly) wuts somethin else i can do to set my car apart, and let ppl know this car actually means somethin to someone...v6 mustangs are the popular pony car in my area, so i want ppl to know these cars have potential...thank guys...

sry for the...spirited...post lol, but i've given this alotta thought...

ill get pics of the car up once i get the lettering done, and maybe get the rims painted

Re: removing my camaro from the crowd...

I just painted my rims i have a 97 camaro but i bought rims from a 93-96 camaro and painted them black ill get pics posted on friday to show you how they look, i think they look amazing on it

Comment

my bro has a hot camaro, i'll telll you why his stands out...

1. Headlight covers are a must -80$
      2. Tail light covers are a must to match the headlight covers -50$
      3. Solar wings look good on most camaros-80$
      4. tint the rear window and you'll have a nice theme goin....80-100$
      5. Clear corners are cheap and make the car look sharp- 35$
      6. Even a custom license plate (50$ in NY) can make a car stand out. (my brother's says ATREYU)

7. Keep your car clean, that in itself sets it apart from the beaters.....

these are just appearance ideas, if you want your car to be louder get some headers, or a K&N Cold air intake for a nice whoosh of air sound, but those are more expensive mods. good luck and congrats for having a nice car at 16, your parents must be rich or you work too much for your age =)

Comment

One thing that would help you stand out is paying attention in english class. I made it about two lines deep into your post then my head started hurting. iight...

Comment

dude, just keep it clean. save your money for worthwhile mods such as wheels, stripes, hood, spoiler, body-kit, exhaust, grille, go-fast, etc. or whatever you want. you can start small and effective mods like tint, light covers, tinted lights, or clear/black corners and side markers as mentioned before. personally, solar wings work on SOME camaros, but definitely not all or many for that matter. definitely works on kristens camaro because it flows with her body kit and spoiler for example.

just don't throw things on there for the sake of bein noticed. be outrageous or be tasteful, just try to avoid making it look cheap. ricers and other retards out there get attention and "looks" from other people by making their cars look rediculous. they say they get tons of looks...but not in a positive way. make yours positive...and i say this again...don't just throw something on your car for the sake of throwing something on your car. "mod with a purpose." decide what direction you want to go with the car and save up and do it the right way. first step, imho, is saving up money and keeping it clean/washed/protected. nothing says more about what you think of your car than how well it is kept. but its your car, so do what you like! have fun with it and make it yours! good luck!
          Last edited by Heartbeat_of_94; 07-18-2007, 08:42 AM.
          1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

btw, my camaro started out as a bone stock 94 v6. since i got it i added an exhaust, stripes, wheels, go-fast/performance mods, painted calipers, grille, lights, and berger panel...just to name a few. it takes time...so be sure not to rush it...
            1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

If you'd save bucks, get vinyl 3.4 V6 decals in color of yr choice. Consider other trim colors for yr black car other than red. Clear corners are the cheapest and best of the above list. Do the free ram air instead of buying the K&N. Search this site for other ways to save bucks for differentiation. The tips re cleaning the car are huge, and tire shine spray is bang for buck; no ponycar looks good with dingy tireas, but watch out using too much. Plastic polish the headlights if they are dull. Take dealer and other trim off the exterior, and shop carefully for different floor mats if yours are hosed.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                One thing that would help you stand out is paying attention in english class. I made it about two lines deep into your post then my head started hurting. iight...

Lounge Moderator

Comment

My advice, for a budget to get your car to stand out on a budget...

Most important... research detailing a little. clean your car up, using a claybar, maybe even a buffer to get some swirls out and a nicer wax. I preer Zaino, people say its overpriced but its priced pretty similar to other stuff when you break it down. it the biggest thing on your car that people see is your paint, if it has a nice shine they will enjoy

-Get some clear corners $35
                  -Tint(in FL, its not really a mod, everyone does it regardless)
                  -maybe some clear light covers? not sure the cost, I am not a fan of blackouts on dark cars
                  -Maybe some stripes
                  -3.4L decal isn't too bad... go to the the Brent Franker site to get some good stuff for your car.

Get cheap factory wheels example... SS 10-spokes, Zr1s, maybe corvette wagon wheels... all painted versions are chepa, the chrome ones get a little pricey but ceaper then aftermarket wheels. Get a 275 tire on them.

I have bought a set of Ss 10-spokes for $150, sold another set for $250, bought another set with new tires on them for $400

authentic Z06s wheels look pretty good and I have seen them go for $500-600 which is not cheap, but still cheaper then some aftermarket wheels.

then when you get a bigger wheel, paint hte calipers red to set the car off a little.

things I would avoid...
                  -aftermarket hoods
                  -aftermarket wings(maybe if you get a deal on a SS one, but you won't get a "deal" and I am still not the biggest fan of them other then SS's

Comment

I get nothing but compliments on my car...

all I really have is...

-claybared/zaino $100 for the whole kit
                    -clear corners $35
                    -removed grill Free
                    -rear fill ins(got the whole berger panel for $5, off a 2002 z28) $5
                    -93-96 tail lights $25
                    -wheels $400 with tires and I needed tires.
                    -Spring rubber mod Lowers the rear like 1" free if you have some old hose laying around

I still want to pain my calipers but saving that for when I do antoher rear axle/brake swap at all 4 corners.

t-top conversion too, but sort of a factory upgrade.

with ss 10-spokes
                    http://a817.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...cf6895acc0.jpg
                    http://a424.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...db90022c57.jpg

with Zr1s
                    http://a225.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...69429224_l.jpg

Comment

how about an awsome wash and wax?
                      then maybe a billet grill
                      and some headlight/tailight covers
                      tint the windows
                      THEN save your money an the good expensive stuff, watch the for sale section, as you can ALWAYS find something there that might be worth your while.

come get some
                      http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Comment

Go nuts at http://www.fourthcircledesigns.com/index.php
                        <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

not a fan of headlight covers. but if you decide to get some, black will do. imo it would be better if the black part around the headlights gets a clear coat to shine like the rest of the paint, and the grille area as well. tint windows. if you are going with red black them, i say keep the taillights uncovered, and maybe just tint the reverse light area. maybe blackouts in the front. take you time looking at other cars to see what mods you like.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                            I get nothing but compliments on my car...
                            all I really have is...
                            -claybared/zaino $100 for the whole kit
                            -clear corners $35
                            -removed grill Free
                            -rear fill ins(got the whole berger panel for $5, off a 2002 z28) $5
                            -93-96 tail lights $25
                            -wheels $400 with tires and I needed tires.
                            -Spring rubber mod Lowers the rear like 1" free if you have some old hose laying around

I still want to pain my calipers but saving that for when I do antoher rear axle/brake swap at all 4 corners.
                            Same here without the Zaino, I regret.
                            Herr Boot, what is the 'Spring Rubber Mod"?
                            Folks look at my car mainly for the dual halos/angel eyes, which work really well on late 4ths, but doesnt apply to our man here...

Comment

im kinda in the same position as you, i just sell everything i own, and the money goes strait to my car, lol. i took a little while to save up for my car.
                              ....WHITE CAMARO CLUB....? =(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X