Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubbles in paint on roof?

Anyone else have this?

I heard something about (I think) this being common with our cars.. and supposedly there was some kind of recall or something? Is this even worth the time??

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's like little bubbles in the paint on the outside (near the door) of the roof, on my passenger side specifically, going from the windshield to the back of the side window pretty much.

This pisses me off cause I've always taken good care of my paint and this is the only thing that is wrong with my paint...

Anyone have more info on this???

If you have no idea where I'm talking about it's in this area (you are jealous of my paint skills... lawl):

Re: Bubbles in paint on roof?

It's common....not a recall though, it was the glue they used to stick the roof panel to the car...when it got hot and over time it would release a gas that made the bubbles...so just repainting it wouldn't help...the roof needs to be peeled off and re-glued...so in other words live with it like most of us...fix it, or fix it right and do a T-Top conversion ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

my vote is for a t top conv. i did it. i can help you out with the step by step.
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Well I did a few better searches, printed out the technical service bulletin thing for it...

You think if I can get it done free (hopefully REPLACED and put the new glue on), I should do it?

Wonder how long it will take.. like the only downside to this is time... I'm really busy this month so idk if I can have my car sitting at the shop for days at a time.

Comment

I doubt you'll be able to get it done for free...TSB's arent recalls...they're simply an instruction manual for a recurring problem...if you were still under factory warranty, yes you could get it done for free...otherwise, I'd call GM customer service and have a talk with them and see what they'll do for you.

05' CTS-V

Comment

How do I know if it's under factory warranty or not?

Comment

Trust me, your car isn't under factory warranty anymore...even if it was an 02' ....just forget about getting it done for free.

05' CTS-V

Comment

I am in the process of fighting this right now on my Z. Its a problem with the 98+ cars (the tsb claims its the 99+ cars). Go to www.ls1tech.com and click on the paint and body work section... theres a 70 something page long thread about it and hundreds of people have the problem. Some have it worse than others. It bugs the crap out of me. Ill end up fixing it even if i need to pay to have it done.

Its not just on the roof either, t-top cars get it all the way down the hoop. Ill grab you a copy of the tsb and a link to the ls1tech page.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308546

It would be hard to find a dealer that will cover it, especially in full, but go whine to several dealers and you may at least find one that will cover a part of the cost.

another link:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511850

for more reading just go to ls1tech.com and type "roof bubbles" into the search... that should keep you busy all day reading about GM's bullcrap customer service regarding this problem.

the tsb:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attach...chmentid=30522
                Last edited by Loochy88; 07-23-2007, 09:03 PM.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X