Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches

So heres the short story. My 14 y/o brother and 13y/o cousin both wanted to ride shotgun in the Mustang with top down. They started wrestling by the dor and one of or both there belt buckles or pants buttons put a few scratches by the handle. Their not real deep but I can feel them in a few spaces. I'll post pics tonight but does anyone know of an awesome wax or something that does get rid of scratches or should I be taking car to collision place to get paint fixed?
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Re: Scratches

They can prolly just buff out, but if not, its possible to wet sand and buff and then polish to remove scratches. However, if you've never done it before, practice on something else first. Don't take it to a collision place because most will want to sand and repaint it for you. A detailing place should prolly be able to get the scratches out. If they tell you they can't, then you should go to a body shop. Just call around to a few places and see what they charge. They might clean the whole car up and fix those scratches for less than a body shop would charge to paint that spot.
    ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Chances are if you can feel the scratch it will need to be wetsanded. Like Chris said take it to a good detailer. They can wetsand then take out all the scratches from sanding. If you are willing to live with it, but want to cover it up as much as possible use a wax with fillers.

Comment

call around to a few detail shops and they can sometimes take care of it and detail your car at the same time. not sure how far you are from Lexington but I know a few places that detail for around 50 bucks and do great jobs... buffing and all included.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I'm about 45-60 mintes away from Lexington. Well 50 bucks for a detail isn't too bad at all. I woulda guessed more than that.

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

I went to a shop in my town and he's gonna wash, wax, and buff those scratches for 55 bux. He can't gaurantee that they will come out though cause there kinda deep he said. Hers some pics but they dont do the scratches justice. First pic is up side scoop from door to rear quarter. The next two pics are above door handle, focused in on two diffrent ones. You have to look close to tell apart the power line shadows and the scratch but I think you can tell.

Last edited by crushedout; 07-25-2007, 07:06 AM.

TEAM BLACK!!!
            parting her out

Comment

Judging from the pictures I would say buffing will help, but too get it as close to gone as possible it will need to be wetsanded. Even then I don't know if they will be gone. They look pretty wide and deep.

The fact is you can't keep a car that is driven perfect. You have to make compromises at some point. I'm sure no one will notice, but you. That's how I am about small stuff that drives me crazy.

Comment

thats why i dont even let anyone in my firebird
                <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                  The fact is you can't keep a car that is driven perfect. You have to make compromises at some point.
                  Once I finish the rear end swap on the bird along with a few other mods this car won't be drove but on nice Sunday afternoons. This coulda easily been avioded if my little brother had used his brain :twak: Such is life though

TEAM BLACK!!!
                  parting her out

Comment

Hey crushedout, nice rims by the way ;)
                    \'99 3.8 Firebird<br />Red, T-Tops, Chrome Dante 17\'s, Cold Air Intake, Free Ram Air, K&N Filter, Flowmaster Duels, Performance Plugs/Wires, CATless, Smoothed out Lid<br /><br />Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint...<i>Firebird Power!!</i>

Comment

this is a cool place, they seem to help me. http://www.samarins.com/maintenance/bodymain.html
                      scroll down and youll see sections on scratches and stuff. nice car btw.

Comment

Ouch! sorry 4 you, but my whole front end is demolished.....i win. lol be optamistic not pasamistic....if i spelled those right
                        1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
                        - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X