Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MudFlaps

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
    I would never touch my car with anything to brush it off if theres dirt/dust on it... that just asking for fine scratches, like swirl marks..
    I agree. I guess right now I've got 2 options: 1- leave it as is and just deal with the clumps of mud on the rear fender, or 2- get a set of mudflaps and hope they look decent while keeping the mud off the body.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

umm what was the cali duster made for? yah its gonna leave marks if you press hard, i got marks at all and i've use it for 2 years now

Comment

A dirt road is bad enough for for getting your car dirty, but once you put the gfx on there you will need to worry about losing your front lip just driving it down it (Its happened to me before). I would say go for it with the mud flaps, they dont look the best but if they protect your car it would be worth it but be very carefull once you install the gfx, it really sucks to spend all that money having them installed/painted to just have them ripped off. :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by XgunsmokeX
          umm what was the cali duster made for? yah its gonna leave marks if you press hard, i got marks at all and i've use it for 2 years now
          I dont care what it was made for... If theres dirt/dust on your car, wash it. Brushing it off will only leave marks. Now of course if you JUST detailed your car and your going out for a photoshoot and you get some dust on it, sure, wipe it down with either that or a microfiber. However I will never touch my car with anything other than soap and water when it's dirty.
          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

yeah, the cali duster works great to get dust off. i mainly use it to get the wax dust off after detailing it.

and i would say that you should get the mudflaps. i wouldnt never think of putting them on a show car, but for a daily driver, they dont look bad enough to where you shouldnt use them.
            2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
            2006 S60- Sold
            2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
              I dont care what it was made for... If theres dirt/dust on your car, wash it. Brushing it off will only leave marks. Now of course if you JUST detailed your car and your going out for a photoshoot and you get some dust on it, sure, wipe it down with either that or a microfiber. However I will never touch my car with anything other than soap and water when it's dirty.
              well yah just road dust is what im talking about, now dirt..um yah wash, i thought he was saying sick of drive down road and getting dirty, dirty as in dust

Comment

no, after it rains, I drive through a swamp :D. I'm tired of having mud and such kick up onto the rear fender.
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Even if you use mudflaps...your car is still going to get full of dust. The dust wont JUST hit the mudflaps, they will go around them. I think you will more or less have to live with it or get a swiffer duster haha

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                    Good to see the site is back up
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                    1 day ago
                  • FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X