Bubbling Paint on roof please help!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bubbling Paint on roof please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubbling Paint on roof please help!!

Ok heres the deal, I had my roof and mirrors painted black a couple of months ago, in certain spots after sitting in the sun it will start to bubble up and have some small streaks running through the paint. The shop told me that they have painted the roof 5 different times and even put some fiberglass resin over the roof trying to get it to come out right and it just wont work. They told me that they think that it is coming up from the glue that holds the headliner on. So my question is has anyone else here ever heard of anything like this on Camaros (or any car for that matter) and if so could you give me some info about what you think is going on and how this can be fixed? They told me that I could find out what to do to fix it that they would do it for me but if not basically I will just be stuck with a bubbling roof:rant: so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Bubbling Paint on roof please help!!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308546
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

its a common flaw on 99+ cars

chevy usually wont help you

its the glue holding the roof to the sheetmetal. it bubbles up through the panel and pushes the paint off when it gets hot. eventually it breaks through the paint and causes a mess if you neglect it.

click the faq at the top of the appearance section for more information.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
        its a common flaw on 99+ cars

chevy usually wont help you

its the glue holding the roof to the sheetmetal. it bubbles up through the panel and pushes the paint off when it gets hot. eventually it breaks through the paint and causes a mess if you neglect it.

click the faq at the top of the appearance section for more information.
        Thanks for the info, you helped me on ls1tech to lol:D

Comment

yeah, i saw you post on ls1tech. im assuming you saw that sticky that i posted the link to.
          unfortunately it seems like your car isnt covered in the warranty anymore :/
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
            yeah, i saw you post on ls1tech. im assuming you saw that sticky that i posted the link to.
            unfortunately it seems like your car isnt covered in the warranty anymore :/
            I have a black t top, 2000 Camaro. I have the same thing. I drilled small holes
            inside the tracks and sprayed in anti-rust compound and it did nothing from stopping the cancer. Its increasing. I went to the dealer and tried for some
            type of hidden warranty....I even had the Chevy tech letter on this problem.
            Dealer checked with GM who said drop dead. They should have added, we don't want future business from you because we are GM and we don't need customers anymore.
            My next car is Japanese
            Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6
              I have a black t top, 2000 Camaro. I have the same thing. I drilled small holes
              inside the tracks and sprayed in anti-rust compound and it did nothing from stopping the cancer. Its increasing. I went to the dealer and tried for some
              type of hidden warranty....I even had the Chevy tech letter on this problem.
              Dealer checked with GM who said drop dead. They should have added, we don't want future business from you because we are GM and we don't need customers anymore.
              My next car is Japanese
              Thats kind of how I feel about the problem it shouldn't have to be "in warranty" Its GM screw up and they should take responsibility.
              BTW: I think mine is starting too. No word on how to stop it?
              Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 99pewterv6
                Thats kind of how I feel about the problem it shouldn't have to be "in warranty" Its GM screw up and they should take responsibility.
                BTW: I think mine is starting too. No word on how to stop it?
                only thing you can do is keep it out of the sun. if you must park in the sun, crack the windows to keep the inside temp from baking and throw a towel over the roof or something. honestly, its hard to keep them down if you drive the car regularly. especially if you live in a warm climate.

GM has never ticked me off more than with this problem. they have been utterly useless so far with helping to get this fixed. read up on the posted thread, and make sure to call the gm customer service number listed on their site and give them as much trouble as possible.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                  Good to see the site is back up
                  by 2.8 Bird
                  So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                  2 days ago
                • FirebirdGT
                  New Site Hosting Issues
                  by FirebirdGT
                  All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                  2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X