Installing Rear Panel Graphics Help Please - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing Rear Panel Graphics Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Rear Panel Graphics Help Please

Ok well finnally i just got my "Firebird" and firebird symbol in white for my rear black panel in between my tail lights. what way would u guys recoomend in cleaning up the black panel before i go for the install of these stickers.

As you can see in one of the pics that i already used some rubbing alcohol to get the old sticker part off,(the "firebird" was the same color as the symbol) but u can still see where the sticker is supposed to go.

I was thinking about wet sanding the whole panel with some real find sand paper(like 2000+ grit) and then having a local tinting place buff it back out for free, since i know the owned and have gotten my tints done and redone many times. (get all the scratches out, for a nice and smooth black panel)

And then applying my sexy white firebird graphics...

any suggestions would greatly benefit me.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kronic Budz; 08-06-2007, 02:21 PM.

Re: Installing Rear Panel Graphics Help Please

nevermind, i see how all you guys read my post and dont reply, i searched alittle on wet sandning and thats the route im taking.

Ill post pictures of my updated ride tommorow.

thanks

Comment

Yeah, wetsanding then polishing out the haze is the way to go. That's what I did.

Comment

my asvice would be start with some 800gritt and work your way up to 2000. then hit it with some meguiars plastic polish, and it will look like new
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

ok well i went and got some 1500 gritt sandpaper and did some passes on my black panel acouple of times to make sure i got it nice and even.

A guy I know at a local tinting/detail shop buffed out my panel with 3 different kind of adhesives and it came out amazing!!Look like a mirror now and matches my tail light covers which is dope.

I just finished getting the graphics on and i got them on perfect, happy about that.

I will post pictures tommorow of my car after it gets a wash since its dirty as satins rectum.

peace out

Going to go blaze now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X