spots on paint after washing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spots on paint after washing...

ok, yall prolly think i'm stupid, because im prolly the ONLY one here who doesnt know how to prevent this...but....

when i wash my car, i use...
    microfiber mitt
    rain-X wash and wax car wash
    eagle one nanowax

i usually wet the car down good, spray off all excess dirt (usually alot) and then soap up section by section and rinse good, and go around the whole car twice. then i take the nozzle off the hose and "sheet" alot of the water off...nifty little trick...then i take another microfiber mitt and spray the nanowax section by section while the cars still slightly wet..heres where i think i mess up....i spread the wax in straight horizontal strokes across each section, and once i've covered each thoroughly, i sheet the water off again...

after all this, in direct sunlight, or in the shade out of any direct light, the car ALWAYS drys with spots on the hood near the vents and on the back hatch, across the tops edges of the doors and near the glass and on the t-tops...i have no idea how to keep these spots from showing up, and when i try to towel dry the car, i get an *** load of swirl marks...

PLZ HELP ME!!!!
    Last edited by 95astrovan; 08-07-2007, 02:04 AM.

Re: spots on paint after washing...

They are called water spots. You are getting them from letting the car air dry. The minerals in the water and being left behind on your paint.

Sheeting the water off is a good technique don't change that. Your problem is there is still some water left on the car (there always will be after sheeting) and you need to dry those spots by hand. If you are getting swirls from your towels throw them away. You need something softer. Microfiber towels are always great and I have had good luck with using a nice waffle weave towel for drying.
    Last edited by HokieBird; 08-07-2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Try getting a california water blade they work pretty good, and a chamois.
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

if youre washing the car in the shade allready, make sure you let it cool before you wet it and wash it. that way the water will dry faster and wont leave spots. if you dry it before it dries itself you wont have spots.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X