paint problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint problems...

So a while back my drivers side rear quarter started getting paint "blisters". They kept coming back so I tried to sand them, fill and touch up. Basically my work looks like CRAP and has gotten beyond anything I want to mess with anymore.

Anyone have some suggestions? My car looks fine except for this "sore thumb" on my back rear quarter.

How much do you think an average body shop might charge just to fix that area (maybe a total of 2 sq feet at the most)?

Re: paint problems...

all depends on your area and whats underneath the paint... just go get an estimate. It could be anywhere from 3-400 or more. I had one spot fixed on my old car about the same size you said for 600, but thats from where I live. I know prices of shops change alot depending on competition.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

usually getting these cars painted in just one spot is a bad idea. i have some dents on my car and the shop said they could fix it and then repaint those panels, but he was smart when he said it would most likely be cleaner and brighter with the newer paint and clearcoat that it will still stand out. and the reason for it being "these cars" is because they are mostly old. unless you have one of the last ones built, but even then, they are still kinda oldish.

Comment

Originally posted by cantrip
        usually getting these cars painted in just one spot is a bad idea. i have some dents on my car and the shop said they could fix it and then repaint those panels, but he was smart when he said it would most likely be cleaner and brighter with the newer paint and clearcoat that it will still stand out. and the reason for it being "these cars" is because they are mostly old. unless you have one of the last ones built, but even then, they are still kinda oldish.
        I've had two cars have spots painted and they still look fine. Its all about who does it and their skill. They can usually match the color and decide the fade to the exact. I had to take one of my cars back since it was a little darker, but they fixed it with no problem and I didn't have to pay extra. Its all about finding the right place.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

well, im sure with certain colors it is fine, and if you keep your car in good shape and keep the paint nice it would be fine. but mine is a 97, 10 years old, driven as a daily driver through snow and everything. so my paint isnt in that great of condition. i guess what i should have said is if your paint is dull or you have certain conditions where the paint wouldnt be in good condition then it would stand out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X