Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who DOESNT want an SS Spoiler?!

Originally posted by josh98bird
    I didn't know there were so many children on the board these days....

Get the spoiler and hood if you want it... i think it looks great and you will love it.
    +2 its an appearance mod...not posing
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by 02camaro3800
      clone? ruins the camaro name? yal are ****ing stupid, my car looks EXACTLY like a SS....but if anyone asks i tell them straight up, v6. you can tell by the exaust note, plus if we run em their gunna know. i like my car to look good and theirs nothing out their that looks better than the SS. so dont dog my "clone"
      X 2.5

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 02camaro3800

Nice vette!

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Honestly the camaro looks so boring without the SS options. I didn't even consider the camaro when I was looking for cars because I couldn't afford the V8, let alone an SS. I chose the factory rice option of the firebird instead. If you have a maro the only way to really make it look slick imo is with the SS wing and some sort of hood.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

whats wrong with putting on a SS hood or spoiler? makes you a poser? thats a load of BS. i guess all those people out there with vette wheels are posing as vettes? or all the Camaros with 25th anniv stripes are posing as 25th anniv Camaros? or what about all the berger panels? thats stupid. just because you like a certain look doesn't mean you are a poser. tell me the BODY differences between an SS and a v6 Camaro. i mean cosmetically because we all know the exhaust and engine and all. other than the spoiler and the hood there is nothing different about the look. i say get it if you like it. just don't badge it or say its something it isn't.

personally, i'm no longer after an SS spoiler just because i want a unique look. not to just be different but because i want a one of kind car that i appreciate. there are a ton of options out there for Camaros. mecham has a few parts, vfn has some hoods, harwood hoods, quite a few body kits, a ton of other aftermarket hoods and spoilers (some look better than others and some look down right fugly). firebirds come looking pretty bad*** as is, but you can't do much cosmetically to them compared to a Camaro. lots of good looking options for Camaros, but if you like the look the SS has, then go for it. you won't be a poser until you slap on SS badges or other badges for things that you don't have.
            Last edited by Heartbeat_of_94; 08-16-2007, 03:03 PM.
            1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

We don't compete against the camaro brother hood. We are here to kick everyone elses tail that tries to screw with us. I can't tell you how many times my clone scared away the ricers or the mustang.LMAO. And , my stock v6 has taken a few prisoners also. Loud and proud, Baby! Hail to the Brotherhood!!!

Comment

Anything short of badges seems fine by me.

Remember, just because the internet says not to, doesn't mean you shouldn't.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

old thread.

SS spoiler FTW. I'm in no way posing. If i put some SS badges on, then I would be. Looking at my car, no one has any reason to believe it's not a debadged V8, but they also have no reason to believe it's a 6. Just because they can't tell doesn't mean i'm acting like something i'm not.
                  Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 10-17-2007, 01:03 AM.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I wish I would of got the SS spoiler in the first place, instead of going with the RK Sport 5" 3 piece, then RS 3 piece. I had to fill in the holes when I had my car painted it. With the SS spoiler it doesn't require drilling holes in quarter panels and rear deck. If I could go back I would def. get the SS spoiler.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                      I didn't know there were so many children on the board these days....

Get the spoiler and hood if you want it... i think it looks great and you will love it.
                      x2...

the SS spoiler and the SS hood look amazing
                      1996 Silver Camaro RS, A4, K&N CAI, Flowtech exhaust, !MAF screen.

http://www.fquick.com/96silverbullet

Comment

i dont like the SS hood and spoiler. i prefer the RS options (gfx and spoiler).
                        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                        2006 S60- Sold
                        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Also, how many clones do you see for sale, i e Yenko, Rs, SS, all clones. Collectors don't care. If it is done right, there is nothing wrong with cloning.
                          Restoring a 69 or a 99, make it your own. It is out of respect for the original.

Comment

as long as its no badges... i say go for it... i like the ss spoiler, but i would rather have rs spoiler or the freedom spoiler...

Comment

i love the SS hood way to expensive tho and the air box to make it a real ram-air WOW $$$$$ but i have been thinking about the SS wing im not for sure but... i like it a lot better that the RS but to each his own that's what makes YOUR car YOUR car (as long as you dont have the SS all over the side and tell every one its an SS v6 your good to upgrade)

Comment

i'm glad GM decided to make the RS look as it does, because every RS makes my car look that much better, and makes me that much more glad i don't have one.
                                sigpic
                                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X