My 95 to 98+ front end conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 95 to 98+ front end conversion

how much did this cost you for alll the parts. I wanna do it to my 95 3.4L and was thinkin about it but yours looks mad sexy and i wanna do it now lol

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT
      Why?

The 95 front is WAY better than the 98.

That was the first thing I thought when I read that too. :D But it looks GREAT. Did a nice job on it.
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

great job!

something about the lt1 style front end just looks really cheap to me...
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold
        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by XgunsmokeX
          id be pissed if i look like ****......
          haha.

93>98
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Looks great! Changing the front styling was the best thing Chevy could have done to the 4G's. Sealed beams FTL!

Lounge Moderator

Comment

aerodynamics too
              \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
                98+ front end ftw. I'm doing mine eventually. Billet grilles are sexy on the 98+. Headlights, bumper cover, fenders, hood, brackets are needed too right?
                Hood
                Fenders
                Front bumper
                bumper bar
                bumper support
                headlights
                foglights
                light brackets
                braces for light brackets (upper, lower, foglight)
                bumper brackets
                fender brackets

You'll also need the latch and release off your old hood and the old turn signals (unless you change to clear like I did).

All told I've probably spent $900 (counting shipping) not counting the gfx - if you have a semi-decent junkyard nearby (which I dont) or have the time to shop around on eBay for an extended period, you could probably shave a few hundred off what I paid, if not more...I work 2 jobs so the time I had to do this project was limited. Once I started, I really had to finish in a hurry.

I'm still lacking the foglight braces and the hood insulation so I'm still not technically 'finished'.

Comment

so what did u have to do with the headlights. How hard were they to switch. like im a 17 year old guy and i wanna do this but im not sure about the electrical part of it. Everything else i can do. What r the steps that i need to do to get the new headlights in, how much does it cost, and where can i get it at

Comment

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425550
                    http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482974

The new lights connect to the same plugs as the old ones did - the only 'wiring' I did was connecting the halo wires to the parking lights which wasn't entirely difficult, there was an instruction sheet with the lights.

Last edited by mattgdg; 08-24-2007, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Dude holy crap! I want to do a 93-97 to 98-02 conver. and help me out with what all Im going to need to get lol PLEASE

Comment

dang will, this might be harder than we first thought lol...

somethin about the 93-97 front end looks alot more menacing to me...the 98 just looks kinda bulky on the front...just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by mattgdg
                          http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425550
                          http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482974

The new lights connect to the same plugs as the old ones did - the only 'wiring' I did was connecting the halo wires to the parking lights which wasn't entirely difficult, there was an instruction sheet with the lights.

ccol whip ftw
                          \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

I dunno, I think the newer front ends were mean as hell. How hard would this be for a '96 Bird to convert to the newer style Birds?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X