Will the glass out of a firebird hatch fit a trans am hatch? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the glass out of a firebird hatch fit a trans am hatch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the glass out of a firebird hatch fit a trans am hatch?

i did a search on here and google and had no luck.

but basically.. I trying to buy a trans am hatch from a guy..to put on my firebird.. and i wont be able to fit the whole hatch in my girlfriends Mountaineer..so I decided that if its possible, then i'll remove the glass from the trans am hatch that i'm buying... and then when i get a home..I'll take the glass off of my firebird hatch and put it on the trans am hatch. make sense?

just need to know if the glass on the 2 hatches will fit each other.

Re: Will the glass out of a firebird hatch fit a trans am hatch?

nevermind. i didnt realize it had a frame around the glass. wouldnt do no good.

Comment

u can drive you bird to his TA and swap there??

Comment

yeah. thought about that but my firebird overheats. i'll just get it shipped. its 144 miles away. shouldnt cost too much?

Comment

You cant fold the back seats down and put the hatch in the rear diagonally?

Comment

i took the hatch off of my firebird to test it.. it wouldnt fit in my girlfriends Mountaineer.

if the glass off of the firebird hatch will fit the trans am hatch... then i'd take the glass off when i pick the trans am hatch up... it would probably fit then..even though the frame is still there. atleast it wont have that big glass on it. the glass is what sticks out.

gonna try to take the glass off of my firebird hatch and see if it fits.

but i still need to know if the glasses are the same on the 2 hatches.
            Last edited by JumpInTheFire.com; 09-06-2007, 12:13 PM.

Comment

i dont feel like taking the glass out..

the seller said i can drive my firebird there. take my hatch off and throw it in a dumper down the street because he doesnt want it and has no room for it in his shop. and put the trans am hatch on my firebird.

he only wants 150. i think its 144 miles away. 2 and half hour drive. my car overheats when i use the a/c.. so i wont use it. hopefully it doesnt overheat on the interstate.

i wanted to try to keep my firebird hatch. but nobody would probably buy it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpInTheFire.com
                i dont feel like taking the glass out..

the seller said i can drive my firebird there. take my hatch off and throw it in a dumper down the street because he doesnt want it and has no room for it in his shop. and put the trans am hatch on my firebird.

he only wants 150. i think its 144 miles away. 2 and half hour drive. my car overheats when i use the a/c.. so i wont use it. hopefully it doesnt overheat on the interstate.

i wanted to try to keep my firebird hatch. but nobody would probably buy it anyway.
                ...Why don't you just don't use your a/c?
                Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

I dont use the a/c.

what would cause that anyway? is it a common problem with firebirds?

Comment

my 97 bird only gets hot when i am in stop and go traffic...maybe you eclt. fan is not working right, does your coolent look bad?

Comment

-new Duralast thermostat and new thermostat gasket
                      -new Coolant in the radiator
                      -EGR cleaned and new EGR gasket

Comment

by the way, i forgot a had a little trailor i can hook up to my Mountaineer..and just go pick up the trans am hatch. but i dont even know if i wanna fix up my firebird since it overheats and stutters when i mash the gas pedal.

Comment

well u can still get the TA hatch and bring it to me :D

Comment

coolant was brown..i flushed it and put 50/50 coolant and new water in it.

both fans work. dont know if they're working correctly. how do i check?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X