Progress so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress so far

As you can see i have gotten the roof taken care of. I also got the side rails off. Tomorrow I'm going to flatten and cut and fold the metal above the mounting areas. Any tips?? Help is always appreciated.

Re: Progress so far

invest in a spot weld cutter!!!!
    it will save you a lot of time

and get a sheet over the interior of the car, you dont want metal shaving in your seat

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

yeah i already got the spot welds out...took for freaking ever with a dremel...i swear i think i went through 20 cut off wheels. I also covered the interior. That was just a pic after the roof came off. Any pointers on good ways to line up and flatten the weatherstripping channel?

Comment

yes, scor the part that you are going to bend with the cutoff wheel, then bend it and it will give you a nice clean bend. Use 2 pair of channel locks when bending. after you bend it slowly cut the piece that is standing up so that it is level with the rest of the channel. DO NOT OVERESTIMATE!! cut bits off at a time and then test fit the weatherstripping and t-top. You are going to want to test fit weather stripping and t-top several times!! What may look level or about right isn't necessarily true. Remember to leave room for teatherstripping in your channels. The back corners where the t-top molding meets the halo is very critical and unforgiving. (roof still intact) just remmeber take your time and know that there is not putting back metal, lol once its off its off.

Comment

good (brave) work! keep us updated as progress continues.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
          Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

ur gunna love it... and when ur done check and double check and check again for any leaks... myne didnt seem liek it was leaking then we got a bad storm and my backseat foot area had liek 3 inchs of water in it...looks good so far though :tup:
            <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

sweet, i'll post some more pics later this evening...It was funny though, 30 mins after i cut the roof off, i looke at my friend and i said "Holy Sh*t...I just cut my roof off" haha.

derek

Comment

Originally posted by Derek3.4
                30 mins after i cut the roof off, i looke at my friend and i said "Holy Sh*t...I just cut my roof off" haha.

derek

i think we all did that lol.

congrats. the hard part is over. (getting over yourself)
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Is there a walkthrough for this procedure posted anywhere? It is something I'm definately interested in having done/doing myself.

Comment

the bible

http://members.fortunecity.com/gripe...onversion.html
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

just remember cut less then you need to cut off... easier to trim later then cut again.

little late, b I used a circular saw with a metal black for th big cuts and trimmed with it, and a dremel.

I lucked out, I had a small sledge hammer that sort of fit the width of the channel. I put it in there and hammered another hammer to bend it up at a 90* angle.

X2 for sheet to collect metal shavings.

Personally I used a wood chisel and hammer to break the spot welds. Later we used a air hammer(moved to a gut with airtools house.)

Comment

well i forgot to take pics, BUT i almost have one of the t tops fitted to perfection...one thing that seems odd, the weather stripping around the side of the window doesnt stick out from the car like my stock weather stripping did...tomorrow im gonna finish it up hopefully.

Comment

Dude you are so brave. I am in the process of receiving my t tops from ebay and will be doin what you are doing really soon. So if you can post as many pics that you can from all and every angle that would be great. And good job almost finishing up. Later

Comment

well i didnt take too many pics, but i have all kinds this one guy sent me a while back that i can send you through email or something. Thanks for the support.

Comment

as for the metal that holds the weather stripping you just need to bend that out. just play with it.
                              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X