Got The Car Tinted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got The Car Tinted

Legal in alabama is 32%, i dont want to push my luck with the cops so i went 32% all the way around

Ill get pics as soon as i leave work

:-D

Mods:
    Slp Dual Cold Air Intake
    Racing Stripes
    Flowmaster Exhaust [2.5 Pipes, Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler]
    Camaro Fill Ins
    Black Outs
    Tint

Re: Got The Car Tinted

It was my birthday present to me
    :-D

Mods:
    Slp Dual Cold Air Intake
    Racing Stripes
    Camaro Fill Ins
    Black Outs
    Tint

Comment

Other states really crack down on that? Legal in Oklahoma i believe is 20 or 25%. I went 5% all the way around never had any issues. 5-6 years of having it like that as well.
      30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 1SL1k30thCam
        Other states really crack down on that? Legal in Oklahoma i believe is 20 or 25%. I went 5% all the way around never had any issues. 5-6 years of having it like that as well.

Buddy bought a mustang.
        Had 10% all the way around.

got pulled over two weeks later 230 dollor ticket i think.

But yes in alabama, they are strict on tint.

Mods:
        Slp Dual Cold Air Intake
        Racing Stripes
        Camaro Fill Ins
        Black Outs
        Tint

Comment

Its really a joke in St. Louis. None of my friends (I know that doesn't mean it never happens to anyone) have ever been pulled over strictly because of their tint. A lot of them have 5% as well.

IMO I'd rather have no tint than 32%, which is probably easier to see through then the clear glass.

Its 5 per-cint or no-tint.
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
            Its really a joke in St. Louis. None of my friends (I know that doesn't mean it never happens to anyone) have ever been pulled over strictly because of their tint. A lot of them have 5% as well.

IMO I'd rather have no tint than 32%, which is probably easier to see through then the clear glass.
            How is 32% easier to see through than clear glass? They start with your glass, clear or factory tinted and then ADD tint to it making it darker. I don't get what your saying.
            Originally posted by kala
            I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
            parting her out

Comment

You guys are complaining about 32?! VA is 50 and they will pull you over and ticket you.

Comment

Well....I dunno about there, I'm in Fl and I got a ticket for it once, but the jerk cop (yes, he really was a jerk, i'm not just saying that) pulled me over b/c he thought I squeezed through too tight of a space btween a curb and 2 ppl by a car, even though a DIFFERENT police officer motiond me to move forward....

I don't think tehy'll pull you over shrictly for the tint, although they can. But i'm pretty sure if you get pulled over and it's too dark (mines 5%) then you're gettin a ticket. Mine was only $72.50 though.

Congrats sceneiskeen. But...was your bud's ticket for ONLY his tint? B/c that's more than it costs to get put on....

Comment

Buddy of mine got pulled over in a nearby city that is attached to salem, and i go all the time. Legal limit is 35%, he had 5% or 15%. It was on the car when he bought it, got pulled over and was ticketed $500 for the illegal tint.

35% definitely looks better than nothing. 35%:
                  Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 09-26-2007, 05:19 PM.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                    35% definitely looks better than nothing. 35%:
                    x2
                    i have 35 up front and 15 in the back and am loving it so far.

Comment

Yep VA is 50% for fronts i believe, and 35 for back. I got 20% in back, 35% on sides...=)

Comment

I had 10 all around. Got pulled over for a taillight burnt out, and he wrote my a fix-it ticket for the front windows. He said they most likely won't worry about the rear, but for the front it must be 28% or more. The ticket was $72.50, or fix the tint and pay $7.50. I ripped the tint right off, cuz I know the guy that did it and he'll retint them for me for next to free. Now with just factory tint, I hate the way my car look. I'll be getting 25% on the fronts soon.
                        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Well you guys are lucky. In New Jersey your not allowed to have any tint on the side windows at all. :mad:
                          2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRider
                            Well you guys are lucky. In New Jersey your not allowed to have any tint on the side windows at all. :mad:
                            20% all around :D

:)
                            09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                            sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

i do think that some cars look good with tint, but i won't tint my car.

then they can't see that they just got beat by a girl
                              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X