Best way to clean engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to clean engine

Ok so I know theres other threads about cleaning but no set answer on what works best. I have just replaced my water pump since it was leaking coolant everywhere and some of that got on the serpentine belt and so theres coolant and gunk all over the engine. I found some engine degreaser at autozone but it says to spray on engine then wash it off with water, and I wasnt sure about spraying water on the engine. Now the main reason I want to clean it off is because I hate the smell of antifreeze and hate seeing it smoking because of it. Wiping doesnt really work since its a huge amount of gunk and just wont wipe off. Anyone got any suggestions?

Re: Best way to clean engine

put a plastic bad on the alternator and pcm and get a powerwasher and clean away
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

acctually i just rinse everthing on my 3.8.

i dunno never had a problem... i just figured that there would be some kind of gasket to keep water out. but then again i pressure wash my lt1 too...

my luck this guy will take my advise and his motor will not work lol.

but i never had a problem.

Comment

yea listen to Tom, any electricals need to be covered Black magic makes a good product now that's like $5 that's also good for engine dress-up
        Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

I just soak it down with degreaser then pressure wash everything. Allow it plenty of time to dry before you start it again and you shouldn't have any problems. I've been doing it for years on everything from Sunfires to RS6s, haven't had a problem yet.

Comment

lol, i take the hose and go to town! everything gets clean!
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

eh i dont clean mine. one of every 5 washes i go to the car wash and wash the engine. make sure u keep it running when u wash it tho or else it wont start and u gotta sit and wait for it to dry lol

Comment

i use degresers and wet rags and then dry it and i get everything u can see ... comes out fine just takes awhile
                <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

I wouldn't think that leaving the car running while spraying down the entire engine bay (including intake) would be a good idea...O.o

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X