Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cowl or scoop

Originally posted by Injected413
    i am so torn between a 3" cowl hood or an SS hood for my 2000... i seriously have no idea what to do. Im having my painted like a z28, silver and black on top and i cant decide whether to paint the hood black or silver! ugh!!!!

Hood should stay the color of the car....
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
      Hood should stay the color of the car....
      i agree...

Comment

Originally posted by Injected413
        i am so torn between a 3" cowl hood or an SS hood for my 2000... i seriously have no idea what to do. Im having my painted like a z28, silver and black on top and i cant decide whether to paint the hood black or silver! ugh!!!!

So split the difference get the VFN 3" SS hood I like them, oh and deff silver.

Comment

Originally posted by 94Frankenstein
          I like the sunco VFN cowl hood for the 93-97, I think the other style of cowl hoods make it look too much like a 3rd gen. I also like the ss hood.
          link?

also ofcorse appearance mods come after preformance who do you think i am paul walker.....

Comment

i would say a 2 inch cowl im going to do that soon i think

Comment

I know it's been awhile but here is the link to VFN's site just look for the one labled "sunco style"

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm

Comment

all my mustangs have cowl hoods. its just for looks. atleast they are v8s. i've seen alot of v6s with them even. i want one for my 97 camaro. just makes the car look meaner.

Comment

the vfn sunco style looks okay, but....

best of both worlds: '93-97 3inch SS Bolt On Hood, With Grill :drool:
                  foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                  if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

i always thought cowl hood were to A. add clearance and B. allow hot air to flow out of the engine bay easier?

in Bs case, he would have a use for it

Comment

i always liked the look of a small cowl. you can make it something to back up to. just build an airbox to fit the cowl and you will get better air then a hood scoop. a hood scoop is nice but only works at so much speed being able to force air in, a cowl always has pressure since its normally at the hood/window area do to aredynamics. i always figure if your going to do something make it work too.

also on matching paint im a big fan of a flat black hood. gives the old school look but also takes sun glare off you

Comment

Harwood cowl ftw

Comment

I like the looks of the harwood in the adds but after seeing one in person I am glad they were back ordered when I went to buy one. They are nice build quality and fit and finish was pretty good they just are kinda awkward in quite a few angles. the larger than normal SS hood remind me of mail boxes, I am really picky with hoods though, but to each his own.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X