custom headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom headlights

is there any custom or brighter headlights for a 94 camaro??? mine do not seem bright at all and was wondering who makes brighter ones

Re: custom headlights

Most people just do a sealed beam conversion with Silverstars. It's a nice improvement over stock.

A step up is the Hella FF75 which is a whole new assembly. Or for a different look, you can get round lights, like PIAAs, but i don't remember the model number off hand of those.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

What he mentioned above is pretty much replacing your headlight assembly now with 2 sets of fog lights that are round.

Its been done alot, or you could buy some expensive HID projector headlights
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

the Hella FF75s i mentioned are a rectangular shape with more rounded edges, the other ones are round though, yes.

sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i didnt realize there were silverstars for the camaro i had these in my old blazer and were great. i think i will prolly upgrade to those thanks guys

Comment

In short, there aren't:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=81804
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

how would u switch to silverstars then???

Comment

i want to try the sealed beam conversion kit it eurolight.com but i think i might do it next year kinda straped for cash this year lol o well highs lows and driving lights for 200.00 thats not to bad

Comment

Originally posted by mxryder12
                  how would u switch to silverstars then???
                  click that link, it's a full writeup on the process.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by solocamaro95
                    i want to try the sealed beam conversion kit it eurolight.com but i think i might do it next year kinda straped for cash this year lol o well highs lows and driving lights for 200.00 thats not to bad
                    I got those, they are nice, sadly one lenses developed a small crack somehow so moisture got in and the bulb exploded. (After I wrote this I took the other side out to look at it and the bulb has a bubble on the side of it so it may have just got to hot and exploded which could have caused the crack)
                    Last edited by jnxV6; 10-02-2007, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnxV6
                      I got those, they are nice, sadly one lenses developed a small crack somehow so moisture got in and the bulb exploded.

so did you order new ones did you try and seal it what color did you get i wanna get the white / blue ones or did you get the yellow could you just swap out the bulbs with replacements can you buy them localy? sorry with so many questions i just want to know easy to instal? any wireing mods? happy with them? would you recomend them? do they look that good? easy instal?

Comment

I've got 10k HIDS in my lights right nowon my 96. I must admit, once you go to HIDs you never go back. So many people flash there lights at me when i have them on. But i flick my highbeams and they see there HIDs

Comment

nice! thats what i want ,was it hard to install? where did you get the kit from ? any problems? cost? o any pictures? thanks
                          Last edited by solocamaro95; 10-01-2007, 08:48 PM.

Comment

sylvania has new sealed beams, marked with XV (extra vision.)

i dunno if its just a new box or if it really is a brighter bulb. i bought one and havent had a chance to put it in.

i did do the silverstars, and well, its really not a big difference. i think you'll gain more visibility by just having them aimed properly.
                            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Originally posted by solocamaro95
                              so did you order new ones did you try and seal it what color did you get i wanna get the white / blue ones or did you get the yellow could you just swap out the bulbs with replacements can you buy them localy? sorry with so many questions i just want to know easy to instal? any wireing mods? happy with them? would you recomend them? do they look that good? easy instal?
                              I have not ordered new ones, I sealed it and put a new bulb in that I got from a local auto parts store(the bulbs this kit uses are 9005XS/9006XS). For the low beams I went with the blue/gold and for the brights I went with the white/blue ones and I got the yellow for the fog lights. They are just as big of a pain to install as sealed beams are, the only different is they have clips that hold the bulbs in. I didn't do any wiring mods, just plugs into the stock connector. I would recommend them if you want brighter lights. Ill have to look and see if I can find the pics I took when I had one sealed beam in and then one of the sealed beam replacements in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X