Paint my wheels or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paint my wheels or no?

first photoshop looks okay... but to be honest, the best appearance mod you can do for your car is wheels... by far... definitely look into getting some new wheels.

Comment

I say dont do it. Save up for new guys. It doesnt look clean w/ painted stocks.

Comment

i like the second chop better.. Looks better than stock and can hold you over until you've got the money for some new wheels. Loser was the one that painted his wheels like that. he's had them both ways now, so you an search and check them out if you want.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Sell the ones you have and put the money toward the new ones. ;) If that's not possible, do the last photochop with the silver lip. That looks good. But really, they should be done right by a paint shop. Otherwise that paint is just going to chip right off.
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
            Sell the ones you have and put the money toward the new ones. ;) If that's not possible, do the last photochop with the silver lip. That looks good. But really, they should be done right by a paint shop. Otherwise that paint is just going to chip right off.
            Exactly, My black wheels are chipping right now and I regret doing it...Though I might go to a shop and let them re-do it for me, Do what Shirl said or dont do it at all.

Comment

i personally dont like it. the rims themselves blow, and theres not much to do about it.

i have a set of chrome ones that i took off... 2 brand new tires and 2 that are fine. i should have space in my truck to bring them back up to ohio next week (im going home for the weekend) we could work out a deal if you wanted.

the chrome doesnt look bad imo. go on ls1tech and find some cheap SS rims, thats what i did and i love it.
              heres a crappy picture of my "new" rims...

and heres one of the old chrome stockers.
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

i actually like the look of those particular wheels painted. paint only the spokes like you first 'chopped. sand and paint a couple of coats of gloss black. throw some clear on top of that for a mean shine and wetsand and polish.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

i don't think it looks to bad... but i wouldn't do it..

Comment

please don't paint them:(
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

[QUOTE=stevethepirate]i personally dont like it. the rims themselves blow, and theres not much to do about it.

i have a set of chrome ones that i took off... 2 brand new tires and 2 that are fine. i should have space in my truck to bring them back up to ohio next week (im going home for the weekend) we could work out a deal if you wanted.

the chrome doesnt look bad imo. go on ls1tech and find some cheap SS rims, thats what i did and i love it.
                      heres a crappy picture of my "new" rims...

steve i love these wheels a i dont see them very often and thats the good part

o by the way lookoutfortheyetti dont paint them but if you do good luck i hate painting wheels

Comment

dont paint them, just get a lug nut cover for that one and you're done.

Comment

if you add clear coners i think everything the way it is would look better (in referrance to the wheels)
                          Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00
                            if you add clear coners i think everything the way it is would look better (in referrance to the wheels)
                            haha... i had clear corners? I didnt like them. I dont want my car to stand out. I want it to look really nice, but not flashy. I dont want any chrome. Thats why i did the whistler mod and the black turn signals and i love them.
                            2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Hey, if Steve's willing to work a deal with you on the chrome ones, TAKE THEM!! The stock chrome snowflakes are pretty damn nice. I had a set on my convertible and really didn't want to sell them but they weren't "perfect" and I'm pretty anal when it comes to that, so I sold em' to a member on here and switched to 18's. But you should consider those!
                              2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                              1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                              2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                              2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                              2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X