whats the brightest headlight bulbs? silverstar? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the brightest headlight bulbs? silverstar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the brightest headlight bulbs? silverstar?

its getting close to that time of year when all the deer like to run around, since i live in the country i see alot at night and have come close to hitting some so i have been thinking about upgrading my headlight bulbs to something a little brighter. i read the how to on silver stars but i didnt see any feed back from anyone else on how they liked the silverstars. anyone running silver stars on their car? any other suggestions would be great too. these lights are for a 95 style front end.

Re: whats the brightest headlight bulbs? silverstar?

Originally posted by HossV6
    its getting close to that time of year when all the deer like to run around, since i live in the country i see alot at night and have come close to hitting some so i have been thinking about upgrading my headlight bulbs to something a little brighter. i read the how to on silver stars but i didnt see any feed back from anyone else on how they liked the silverstars. anyone running silver stars on their car? any other suggestions would be great too. these lights are for a 95 style front end.
    Actually I upgraded my bulbs to Silverstar Ultras, using the How to's for sealed housings. I must say they are bright, not too bright, but a BIG improvement from the yucky sealed housings. Although in Crystal Lake, the Autozone carries the Silverstar versions for the sealed housings...guess the price..70 bucks a piece! :rant: So if I'd have a choice..go with the How to's to convert it over to removable bulbs.

Just an idea..clean up your current housings with buff and wax (I also heard scratch remover) to clear up the fogginess. Then at night your headlights will just be fancy. :naughty:

Comment

i have the same problem Hossv6 i want to get the sealed beam conversion kit at eurolights.com 200.00 for hi,lows and fog lights i didnt think it was to bad

Comment

from what i understand from the how to write up, he used the silverstars for a sealed beam, and just siliconed the bulbs to make them air tight. sure the bulbs are $70 and its deffinatly pretty pricey but its going to be alot cheaper than body damaged from a deer or something. i might just bite the bullet and spend the cash, the sad thing is, my brights dont work :( but i should have that fixed tommarow

Comment

i just did a little more looking around the net, i found some HID conversion kits on ebay.... i thinking they are junk but i figured id ask on here to see if anyone had experiance with them.

Comment

look on ls1tech.com the same company is selling htem on there as a sponsor
            Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

just upgrade to hid's you wont regret it ... thats my car and truck side by side camaro is at 10k and truck is at 8k

Comment

Originally posted by crunk124

just upgrade to hid's you wont regret it ... thats my car and truck side by side camaro is at 10k and truck is at 8k

where did you get your HID conversion? ebay? how hard was the install?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X