Halos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halos

Hey, I finally got my halos in. No pictures yet since the car is dirty, but I'll get some eventually.Where have other people wired in the halo rings? I have the housings in, but I haven't wired those in yet since I don't know where to tap in to.

Re: Halos

wired mine into the parking lights

Comment

Hard wire them to the battery with a fuse and a switch so you can have them on whenever you want. :tup:
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I ended up wiring them to the fog lights, gave myself an excuse to finally change the fog lamp bulbs too... Anyway, got some pictures, the car isn't clean in the pictures. It is now, but it's raining.:rant:

Comment

How did it install? I am thinking of buying them for my 2000 Camaro but am concerned about creating a mess.
          misterphillip@mac.com
          Phil

Comment

The install wasn't bad at all. As far as putting the assemblies in it's just a simple swap. I wired the halos in with clamp splices, so there wasn't any cutting, stripping, and soldering involved either. I have since removed my foglights, so now I basically have a switch just for the halos. Doing the install and aiming the headlights took no more than an hour and a half.

Comment

I have a pet peeve about the halos. As soon as it's getting dark and you turn them on... the damn headlights automatically come on and they don't look as cool. Mine are wired to my running lights as well.
              2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
              1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
              2011 Cadillac CTS-V
              2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
              2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Black98Fivespeed
                The install wasn't bad at all. As far as putting the assemblies in it's just a simple swap. I wired the halos in with clamp splices, so there wasn't any cutting, stripping, and soldering involved either. I have since removed my foglights, so now I basically have a switch just for the halos. Doing the install and aiming the headlights took no more than an hour and a half.
                How did you do an accurate aim without an aiming tool?
                How much did you pay? There seems to be different ones on ebay.
                Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6
                  How did you do an accurate aim without an aiming tool?
                  How much did you pay? There seems to be different ones on ebay.
                  Try this.. get your car fairly close to a garage door.. find or mark a spot at the top of the headlight beam. Swap out your headlights. Aim em back at the mark. This works in theory..

Or you could do it like me and lower em a tiny bit every time someone flashes you when you're driving around.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Oh btw, is there a way to disable the auto headlights? Pullin a fuse, pressin a button till it chirps 3 times then dancin in a circle till it rains kinda thing?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Eh nm. I went and looked for myself hah. I suppose I'll install a switch at the light sensor thingy.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Ghetto way = pop the e-brake one click before putting the key in the ignition. It does work and doesn't actually engage the e-brake on the first click from what I've been told

Comment

Originally posted by f-tothe-ill
                          Ghetto way = pop the e-brake one click before putting the key in the ignition. It does work and doesn't actually engage the e-brake on the first click from what I've been told
                          Yeah I heard about that. I think I'd rather keep my car away from the ghetto settings heh.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

how much are halos...they look amazing....and is the lighting good?..better then stock?
                            ....WHITE CAMARO CLUB....? =(

Comment

Originally posted by mattyacks
                              how much are halos...they look amazing....and is the lighting good?..better then stock?
                              You can usually get them for around $180. The lighting is just like stock isn't it? The halos look like nothing more than a stock housing except they add that halo and the 3 circle frame behind the lenses. If you want really good lighting, get projectors with HID's.
                              Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X