So I finally took off my grill..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finally took off my grill..

Well.. it started off I was gonna do the free ram air mod with the hoses or whatever. It ended up I took out the hard foam and wiper fluid reservoir, didn't get to the ram air because I didn't have the tools at this house.. But I had the bumper off, so I took off the grill the right way.. which is a pain in the *** by the way.

The 3 top "clips" that you guys rip off, are actually rubber nuts on plastic bolts sticking out of the grill. So I ripped out all of the hard foam and wiper fluid reservoir for future mods to save time, and "un-bolted" the top 3 that I couldn't get out.

Well to my surprise I guess the previous owner had it painted black? I don't know.. but everyone I see that takes their grill off, the inside is the same color as the rest of their car, but mine is black. Nice... cause I was gonna do that anyways. Well here are some pics... what do you think.. keep it like this or get a grill?

BTW wtf.. those "fasteners" (the ones you pop off with a screwdriver) ****ing suck.. They don't work.. lol

Re: So I finally took off my grill..

slp grill

Comment

deffinitely SLP grill

Comment

i think the slp grill will look out of place. it's black with a red bow tie.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Here's a really fast photoshop.. I think the red doesn't work too good with my car.

Comment

I actually think the that ^^^ doesn't look too bad.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

billet grill

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

black billet or fill in holes and paint
                1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                1994 Camaro - Sold
                1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

i like the billet grill but..... fill in the holes and paint

Comment

it kinda looks like an old man with no teeth without the grille on there...
                    foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                    if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

another thought, if the grille area of the bumper cover is black it could be a replacement bumper cover and the shop that did it just didnt paint that spot knowing theres a grille that covers it.

does the black overspray cover the blue, or does the blue and clear cover the black at the blend line?
                      foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                      if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroJeff™
                        another thought, if the grille area of the bumper cover is black it could be a replacement bumper cover and the shop that did it just didnt paint that spot knowing theres a grille that covers it.

does the black overspray cover the blue, or does the blue and clear cover the black at the blend line?
                        this is what i was thinking as well. its most likely a replacement bumper.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Well the black I think is primer or something cause it's a flat black, and yeah the blue is over top the black, but I like it flat black, it's almost like the berger panels some people have that are flat black.

Comment

its definitely a replacement since it doesnt say camaro there.

and it would be painted from the factory.

it kinda looks like a 93-97 unpainted. put a bowtie in the middle and youre set.
                            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X