where did that thread go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where did that thread go?

where did that thread go... the one where i was talkin about the process of shaving my door handles where someone was asking for vids of what it did when it was done?

handles arent completely gone yet. i want to make sure they work flawlessly for at least a week before completely cutting it up. for now this is what you get.
    foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
    if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Re: where did that thread go?

thats pretty cool...good job man

Comment

Good job , well done. Its good that your waiting a little bit before doing the shaving. I hope your putting a manual switch somewhere hidden, just in case something happens.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

very cool man! :tup:
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Yeah nice job. As was said though, I would put a manual switch somewhere on it just in case the poppers or solenoid fail. Nothing like the battery dying because you left your lights on, and then you have no way to get back into your car. That's just my two cents, but you did a really good job and I can't wait to see the final version after your handles are actually shaved.

Mike

Comment

Just crawl through the hatch :)

Comment

thanks guys. im tryin to make this a nice, reliable setup. i had to play quite a few games with the poppers because (as stated in my previous, disappearing thread) 50lbs is a bit much for our doors. as you can see i got it to where the doors close just as easy as they did before ;)

i am leaving the manual handles on the inside of the doors, and im not shaving the hatch lock. if the battery goes, solenoid fails, or whatever reason i may not be able to open the doors from the outside, i can still get in the car. worse comes to worst i still have my "lockout kit"... an inflatable wedge and a 36" piece of brake line strategically bent :D

Comment

it went here: http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=85710

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

i see... you have to change display options to view threads that havent been posted in for a while. different.... interesting, but different.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                    Exploding starters
                    by Kubes
                    Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                    i bought this car a couple...
                    1 week ago
                  • 2.8 Bird
                    Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Found some led reverse bulbs
                    by ssms5411
                    My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • Fruitgrower231
                    Having some electrical issues
                    by Fruitgrower231
                    95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • SixShooter'00Camaro
                    OG’s check in!
                    by SixShooter'00Camaro
                    Who’s all still active? Glad to see the site is still here, still got both cars, and actually acquire a 3rd to slap together for a drift car. My OG...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X