Cleaning Under the Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Under the Hood

My friend is a idiot and said just take a pressure washer and spray it.

But wouldnt that mess things up electrical things.

such as alternator and what not?

What do i need to do to clean the underside of my hood with a pressure washer.

i have this stuff its diluted acid, eats brake dust off like no ones business, i want to use it under the hood.

what should i cover?

Mods:
    Slp Dual Cold Air Intake
    Racing Stripes
    Flowmaster Exhaust [2.5 Pipes, Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler]
    Camaro Fill Ins
    Black Outs
    Tint

Re: Cleaning Under the Hood

i am not comfortable with the pressure washer under the hood. i tape off anything electrical when i wash it (low pressure with a hose after using some degreaser).

I prefer the degreaser and a rag method myself. It takes a while longer, but does a better job.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Originally posted by Loochy88
      i am not comfortable with the pressure washer under the hood. i tape off anything electrical when i wash it (low pressure with a hose after using some degreaser).

I prefer the degreaser and a rag method myself. It takes a while longer, but does a better job.

yea, i'd do it this way myself.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

my method for all my cars since day one.....pop the hood, prop hood up, turn on hose, spray the sh!t out of it, add cleaner(nuwave), let it sit for a couple mins, spray the sh!t out of it again, towel dry! then i can floss my teeth in the shinny glow!
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
          my method for all my cars since day one.....pop the hood, prop hood up, turn on hose, spray the sh!t out of it, add cleaner(nuwave), let it sit for a couple mins, spray the sh!t out of it again, towel dry! then i can floss my teeth in the shinny glow!
          doesn't ever mess anything up?

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
            I do the same thing.
            just dont spray directly onto the electrical stuff

-Y87
            Lid,K&N Filter,PaceSetter Headers,Magnaflow Cat 2.5in S-pipe,Flomaster :(,3.42 LSD

Comment

Or cover the alternator and coil pack with some plastic bags and duct tape.

Comment

Spray away...

I just take it easy around fuse boxes and around the PCM.

Just spray and let dry for a few before driving. The only concern is the acessory belt slipping because of wet componets.

Comment

ive used a pressure washer as well. the only way some of the electrical stuff will get damaged is it you try and use it while its wet, or if the water sits too long it can begin to rust. just make sure everythings dry when youre done and you will be ok :)
                  Dave:
                  00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                  97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
                    ive used a pressure washer as well. the only way some of the electrical stuff will get damaged is it you try and use it while its wet, or if the water sits too long it can begin to rust. just make sure everythings dry when youre done and you will be ok :)
                    Ehhhh Dave! I just realized who you were...whatever happened with the citation?

Oh if you don't remember I hit your webpage a few months ago and we emailed a few times...that's when I found out you wrecked your ride. Sorry again...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kubes
                      Exploding starters
                      by Kubes
                      Before I replaced the Lower and upper intake gaskets, plugs and wire etc etc I had no starting issues, car even ran okay
                      i bought this car a couple...
                      1 week ago
                    • 2.8 Bird
                      Thinking about going back to 180 stat
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      It's been very hot in my place and the 160 is not working too well now. Perhaps 160 is just opening up to soon that it not giving the radiator time to...
                      1 week ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Found some led reverse bulbs
                      by ssms5411
                      My regular bulbs at night doesn’t light up to well, hopefully they are brighter. Got them from Screaming Chicken. Anyone else have any luck with led...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • Fruitgrower231
                      Having some electrical issues
                      by Fruitgrower231
                      95 Camaro 3400 V6, power windows, radio and power top have stopped working. Fuse and circuit breakers appear to be good. I have accessed the inside...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • SixShooter'00Camaro
                      OG’s check in!
                      by SixShooter'00Camaro
                      Who’s all still active? Glad to see the site is still here, still got both cars, and actually acquire a 3rd to slap together for a drift car. My OG...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X