Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 96 HID pictures. 56k beware.

Originally posted by Vulcan2422
    Not really a dealer but he gets in alot of HIDs. If you want his Aim name Its HULKgt01. Just tell him that Gary (the guy with the Camaro HIDS) sent ya. =0)

Im thinking about getting another set for my high beams actually.

Also, SilverRS96 can explain excatly what i mean as well. Now i guess im going to see alot of people doing this conversion huh? lol

your a couple years late bud ;) still looks good though

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

It's been on my list quite a bit longer than you've been a member of this board. I'm just finally getting around to it.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

yah but thats a later model than mine. You dont see that many 96's with HIDs at all heh.

Comment

actually dude, it may be on your list, but if the mods not done, dont count it.

and to second Gary, his car is actually the only of the 96 and 97 *Sub Gen* to have HIDs
          WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

Originally posted by Blip55
            actually dude, it may be on your list, but if the mods not done, dont count it.

and to second Gary, his car is actually the only of the 96 and 97 *Sub Gen* to have HIDs
            according to who? Just because he's one of the first on the board doesn't mean he is the first period. He definitely is not. And I was just pointing out that I did not get the idea from him.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I know im not the first to post up about it and I'm trying to help people people out if they get stuck with a problem.It took me a month before i realized i had to reverse the HID plug going to the head lamp plug. I just dont understand why EVERY board you go to(even at the celica board) say they had that idea long before you were on the board. If you had the idea great, but keep it to your self and try not to be rate the person cause you had the idea far longer then they were on the board. Those kinda remarks truly make a person not want to come back from my expierence. You can take this as me "flaming" you or you can take it as a nice gesture.

Edit: Even nikon told me i was late, but he complimented it as well. :banana:

Comment

Where did you mount the ballasts?
                '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
                '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
                '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

i mounted them where the tabs are for the hood. I suck at explaining stuff. I will take some pics when i get a chance. Just got done installing a dish washer.

Comment

I'll take it as a nice jesture. I reread my post and realized it did sound pretty mean. That's not how meant it all at. I apolgize, it wasnt meant to start anything or be rude or anything. They look really nice and its nice to see how they turned out.
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                      I'll take it as a nice jesture. I reread my post and realized it did sound pretty mean. That's not how meant it all at. I apolgize, it wasnt meant to start anything or be rude or anything. They look really nice and its nice to see how they turned out.
                      Nah its all good. I just wasnt trying to start anything either just voicing my opinion really you know? :)

So what does everybody think about another HID set for the highs?

Also some old couple told me we had our head lights on today. So they followed us into the lowes parking lot and yelled at us. They told us to Re Aim our headlights. So when we compared our headlights side by side (they were driving a Mercedes with HIDS mind you) They were perfectly fine. So the last thing the old guy says to me "you should still have this re aligned" Damn old people.

Comment

I've actually heard Halogens do a better job for high beams. Don't ask me why as I have no idea, and this might be wrong. The explanation I was given was something along the lines of, "the light from the HIDs don't travel as far as a conventional incandescent." I'm sure it would be better than stock though so why not?
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

if you have the excess coin to blow on HID's for your highbeams then go for it....personally I wouldn't waste the money, it'd be better spent on HID fogs...and you are bound to blind people with your headlights, since theres no projector it puts off a nasty glare. No way around it, mine did it too.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                          05' CTS-V
                          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

i've never had a problem with seeing at night. i mean having alot of light is always a good thing i guess lol. my friends all curse this "new fad" as they call it. cause it does blind the sh!t out of you.
                            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Well 140 isnt alot of money. I might just get the Fogs. Also my wife loves these. Her vision is terrible at night. Mine is pretty good how ever.

Comment

Sorry, but no cut off FTL :tdown:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X