opinions on hood color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on hood color?

Hello all. I'm new to the boards but I was hoping I could get some of your opinions on what I should do for my hood. First of all, I've got a white 98 Camaro. The car has smoked head and tail lights, 20% tint on the windows and limo tint on the hatch, black 18" rims, and black Camaro vinyl lettering for the back. Basically I'm going with a white and black theme here, the next mod I want to do is the hood. I was thinking about putting this Z-Roc hood on my car, but I'm not sure if I should keep it white or make it black instead. What do you guys think would look good? Here's the only pic of my car I have:

Re: opinions on hood color?

body color is always nice for the hood, but if you want to include the black id suggest doing something like gloss black, but with two body color pinstripes right on the inside of the hood edges. similar to what they did with early camaros and (i hate to say it but it does look good on) rustangs.
    foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
    if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

I like the hood and keep the hood white but paint the scoop black

Comment

that idea dosent sound too bad at all, its just difficult to make a break between the colors. trust me...

mine--> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...3/DSC02508.jpg

Comment

Yeah, I like that car if you had a Z or a SS you could have the Z or SS logo on the sides in white ... that would look pretty cool or its its a base just do camaro, you know?

Comment

id put the ss or z emblems on it... if it were an ss or a z. i dont want to advertise something i dont really have. honestly i wouldnt have put that hood on, but i couldnt pass up the price of free.

but really, it was a pain in the *** to mask the colors off and make it look right.

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroJeff™
              id put the ss or z emblems on it... if it were an ss or a z. i dont want to advertise something i dont really have. honestly i wouldnt have put that hood on, but i couldnt pass up the price of free.

but really, it was a pain in the *** to mask the colors off and make it look right.
              I believe it, As soon as I do the front end conversion to a 98 - 02, imma have a SS hood up there and hopefully sometime after that have a new engine put in ..... since u cant do anything to a 3.4, or so i've read

Comment

I don't think I would like the whole hood being a different color, the lines just aren't there to pull off that look like the old cars could. Now I do like the painted hood scoop, and after doing my car I can agree that getting the seperation can be tricky but it is very worth it in the end.

Comment

that certainly is a damn ugly grille. kinda makes it look like casper the friendly ghost...
                  Last edited by CamaroJeff™; 11-26-2007, 11:15 PM.

Comment

You guys have obviously not seen the one on BFrankers appearance page. It is SOM car with what I would call white lips. It reminds me of the not so politically correct old school cartoons from the 40's....

Comment

That grill is terrible. I think the hood would look nice as said, with a black scoop but the rest white.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

that idea dosent sound too bad at all, its just difficult to make a break between the colors. trust me...

mine--> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...3/DSC02508.jpg
                        I like CamaroJeff's pic. Freakin sweet! :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by shaguar_red
                          I like CamaroJeff's pic. Freakin sweet! :rock:
                          not to hijack the thread but... thanks man! its fixing to get a makeover very soon. same black and white scheme, but all the same black and all the same white. plus the door handles and locks will be non-existent, and as soon as the cash flows for tires there will be a set of vette wheels on it...

preview: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ettewheels.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad
                            I like the hood and keep the hood white but paint the scoop black
                            This is my suggestion as well...

Lounge Moderator

Comment

not to hijack the thread but... thanks man! its fixing to get a makeover very soon. same black and white scheme, but all the same black and all the same white. plus the door handles and locks will be non-existent, and as soon as the cash flows for tires there will be a set of vette wheels on it...

preview: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ettewheels.jpg
                              Those rims r cool man, and you're going with the shaved door handles??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X