rain = t tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rain = t tops

I did the t top conversion on my 95 camaro and have only one leak. It is on the drivers side. the water drips onto the front of the door next to the a/c vent. Can anyone tell me how to fix this stupid leak?

Re: rain = t tops

new weatherstripping maybe?

Comment

Yeah I have the same problem on both sides with both my 02 and 98 Camaros. They're also factory T-tops so it looks like you did a perfect job. Heh, but yeah like greasemonkey said.. and if I bothered to ever fix mine, i'd replace the weatherstripping.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Mine has a tiny leak towards the front vent/window area on the driver's side. Take a look at your window alighnment and weather stripping.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

weatherstripping is likely fine.

Go buy some black RTV sealant. Lift up the weatherstripping, and put it under where the 4 little plastic "guides" are on the 4 corners of the roof. This is where the water is channelled then it goes down to the door. If water gets underthis it will leak in the car. Its sealed with a type of glue stuff when its new.

When I did my conversion my car leaked like the titanic for a day(rained the entire day after my conversion. Then I sealed them, only leaked occasionally going through hi-pressure automatic car washes. Didn't even leak in hurricanes.

Comment

but fi you guys want I do think I have a spare set of weatherstrippings in my garage.

Comment

when i did my conver. i just played with it till it stoped. i did alot of bondo work on make it look stock, and i put built it higher up on that side so the weather striping met more flush.
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

bondo.....

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                  but fi you guys want I do think I have a spare set of weatherstrippings in my garage.

I will definitely be needing these.

Mine have holes and rips.

Price?

Mods:
                  Slp Dual Cold Air Intake
                  Racing Stripes
                  Flowmaster Exhaust [2.5 Pipes, Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler]
                  Camaro Fill Ins
                  Black Outs
                  Tint

Comment

Is it actually a leak or slow drip? I've noticed that when it rains I get a slow drip down my windows. It's not actually a leak to my knowledge, instead it just builds up in the seam of the window when I open the door and drips in when I'm driving/in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
                      bondo.....

not alot of fun, since i hate sanding butttt, it was so simple with bondo. looks great too after paint
                      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X