t-top conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-top conversions

ok so i have been getting ready to do my t-top conversion. im going off this write up http://members.fortunecity.com/gripe...onversion.html
    i dont understand the pop rivit part. can some one explain or is there another
    write up out there??

Re: t-top conversions

that looked so easy. i wanna do this but one mistake and i'll drive around looking like a retard.

Comment

you dont have to do the pop rivit part, i didnt. just hammer the metal real flsuh/tight and you dont need to worry about it

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
        you dont have to do the pop rivit part, i didnt. just hammer the metal real flsuh/tight and you dont need to worry about it
        i dont understand that whole part. after u make that cut why do yo have to hammer?

Comment

because in the corners, there is nothing there, your going to have to bend some metal for the weather striping to hang on to. i just bent it up, and bondo everything to make it look stock.
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
            because in the corners, there is nothing there, your going to have to bend some metal for the weather striping to hang on to. i just bent it up, and bondo everything to make it look stock.
            ok i understand now. why would you pop rivit it then? is it hard to use bondo i never used it b4

Comment

looks like fun.
              when i buy the t-tops.. i'm just gonna take my laptop outside and follow directions.

Comment

bondo is easy to use. Just make sure the part your doing is paint free and clean. Just add some hardener (follow directions, it's like 1/20th the amount of filler your hardening) then mix it up good on piece of cardboard or something and apply it trying to fill all the holes and stuff. Don't be afriad to use way too much, because the stuff sands down really quick with 80 grit. Work up to 400, prime, 800, base, base, 1000, clear, clear, or whatever your going to do.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by JumpInTheFire.com
                  looks like fun.
                  when i buy the t-tops.. i'm just gonna take my laptop outside and follow directions.
                  that is exactly what i did, it took me 8 hours and 3 liters of crown.
                  96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Originally posted by david8399
                    that is exactly what i did, it took me 8 hours and 3 liters of crown.

Damnnnn.......Lots of patience...lol

Comment

I've never really been all that keen on t-tops so this little mod won't be in my cars future (at least not while I own it). Even if I did like t-tops, I wouldn't have the balls to try this myself.

Comment

Ok...both t-tops AND crown are the ****. end of story.

Comment

bondo is easly just takes time, i did it over a 5 day period. i would bondo, let it sit, then wet sand. wait a day, do the same thing until it was flawless. then a day with a few rattle cans and BAM t tops
                          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i just bought t tops. what else do i need? weather stripping. thats it?

Comment

I would be WWAAAAYYY too afraid of screwing something up. Overall, is this an easy modification or is it really complicated?

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS
                              New Trans Setup:Rebuilt 4L60E, Yank ST2800 Stall, B&M Trans Cooler,
                              TCI Deep Pan, Royal Purple, Trans-go Shift Kit. Should be done in January.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X