X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: t-top conversions

so these are the brackets that the t tops slide into and lock into:

i just bought those on ebay last night. i hope thats the right ones

i can wait on the plastic covers and a pillars right? i'll wait till i find them cheap

Comment

i finished all my cutting today.. i burnt the dremel up that i used right when i finished. got too hot.

now i just gotta wait for the other stuff to come in the mail.. weather stripping and the brackets. fixing to find a divider.

whole job was pretty easy. i used that same article in the first post. i figured the roof was all metal so it was easier than i thought since it was fiberglass. the hardest part was cutting out the "weld spots".. thats what took me all day.

i might do this on my 87 mustang gt too..

Comment

DON'T DO IT ON THE MUSTANG. the only reason you can do it to the f body is because fbodies where made to have t tops. your mustang would fold in half
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
          DON'T DO IT ON THE MUSTANG. the only reason you can do it to the f body is because fbodies where made to have t tops. your mustang would fold in half
          who cares it's a mustang :p lol jk but yah dont do it on the stang

Comment

Originally posted by kristen

alot of fox body mustangs came with t-tops. including my year.

back to f-bodies.. is there an article on installing the brackets and the center divider bar? to i just screw the divider bar down on top of the roof? the brackets i can probably figure out..i'll just lock them onto the t-tops then sit them on the roof and figure out where they mount.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpInTheFire.com
              alot of fox body mustangs came with t-tops. including my year.

back to f-bodies.. is there an article on installing the brackets and the center divider bar? to i just screw the divider bar down on top of the roof? the brackets i can probably figure out..i'll just lock them onto the t-tops then sit them on the roof and figure out where they mount.
              thats how i did the mounts. and yah just screw the divider down

Comment

your lucky you have my pictures to go by for putting the brackets in lol.
                when i put the brackets in i had no clue how they mounted and it took me like an hour to put on bracket in haha

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

when you get in there you'll see that it's just common sence on how they should be mounted
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

this pic below is what confused me the most. i'm putting my weatherstripping on right now. and cutting that area... and i hope i cut it right.

Comment

cant see that pic anyway. i figured everything out though. if anyone ever needs help with a conversion you can private-message me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X