Help! Where can I find this plate?? Bumper fix? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Where can I find this plate?? Bumper fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Where can I find this plate?? Bumper fix?

Hi guys,

I killed my first deer on new years eve... with the firebird :( It was a huge doe that jumped into my lane. Yes, she went airborne and was pronounced dead on arrival.

The bird took it surprisingly well. The nose got at least 3 deep gashes that range from 2 to 3 inches. I think there's nothing I can do short of replacing the bumper. If you have any suggestion let me know.

The plate on the other hand took a hit for the team. Here's the link to some photos before & after:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dashbored/FirebirdPlate

I called and searched around, but could NOT find anywhere that has this plate!! Anyone know where I can find one? I am in NC, but obviously it's just a plate so I don't mind having it shipped to me as long as it's the same thing.

I really appreciate any help!!
    \'96 dark green V6 Firebird<br />Y87 Performance package<br />front license plate with silver firebird insignia<br />alpine CD deck<br />T-top<br />Tinted windows @ 27%<br />low mileage (just broke 45000 not long ago!)<br /><br />waiting for first performance mod :)

Re: Help! Where can I find this plate?? Bumper fix?

Looks pretty nice, but to be honest, I've never seen it before. Have you tried ebay and such? Where did you find it the first time?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

if you cant find it .... bondo it and aint the little spot or a better colution Duck it lol joking

Comment

i'd just but a bumper cover there but i'm just a dumb camaro owner. what do i know.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          Looks pretty nice, but to be honest, I've never seen it before. Have you tried ebay and such? Where did you find it the first time?
          I got it from a local custom auto store in SC. I've called them and they don't have it any more :(

I just did a search on ebay for "firebird plate". Nothing close came up. This bites... did they really stop making this?
          \'96 dark green V6 Firebird<br />Y87 Performance package<br />front license plate with silver firebird insignia<br />alpine CD deck<br />T-top<br />Tinted windows @ 27%<br />low mileage (just broke 45000 not long ago!)<br /><br />waiting for first performance mod :)

Comment

What I would do in your situation is perhaps look into a blank plate or cover, paint it black, then find some firebird decals, put them on, then paint over it with clear.

It wouldn't look bad to try, plus you might be the first to try it and then show it off. :rock:

The original looks pretty banged up, even if you did fixed it, it still would show scars, not sure if that's what you want.

But, said before, I'm just some dumb Camaro kid :P

Comment

yeah I don't think there's a way to save the original. It really took one for the team - thank god the airbags didn't trigger.

I saw a similar one but with a gold firebird decal a while back. I thought about getting it for backup purposes but ended up passing on it. Darn.

I am not giving up just yet. I can't, no refuse to believe this is the last of its kind... Come on guys, with all the great people here someone's gotta seen it somewhere!
              Last edited by lostatlantis; 01-15-2008, 02:19 AM.

Comment

you killed a deer :omg: :cry:
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

If a deer ever hit my car, it had better be dead...

Comment

Originally posted by GinsuGuy585
                    If a deer ever hit my car, it had better be dead...
                    that reminds me of when I was looking for a camaro, I saw one in the bargain trader for 1500 but it has "Deer damage." When I called the guy and asked, he told me the hood had a huge crease in the middle and the driver side fender,light, driver side of the front bumper was totally smashed.

I hung up with him and talked it over with my dad and he said we could fix it, so I called him back and the guys dad picked up this time, he told me a lady had just stopped by and he sold it to her for 700, and he taped up the bumper,fender, and the lights so she could drive it home.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X