metallic black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metallic black

im going to paint my car at school in a few weeks. i want to paint it black but not just plain black i want to paint it metallic black or maybe jet black. what do u guys think? do u have any picture on nice black firebird? thanks

Re: metallic black

You'd have to get pretty close up shots to see any metallic in the paint.. From far away (just about any picture that you would be able to tell what kind of car it is) you probably wouldn't see the metal flake too well unless your going with relatively big flakes.

I've always thought black with a colored flake would look slick. I was thinking blue flake.

what color is the car now?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
      You'd have to get pretty close up shots to see any metallic in the paint.. From far away (just about any picture that you would be able to tell what kind of car it is) you probably wouldn't see the metal flake too well unless your going with relatively big flakes.

I've always thought black with a colored flake would look slick. I was thinking blue flake.

what color is the car now?
      earl shib metallic green i cant stand it compared to my moms 95 that is oem metallic green

Comment

I know EXACTLY what he is talking about. In fact I asked a guy if he could paint my rims like that, just for giggles, and he said he'd try (I get them back on Wednesday).

I think he wants his black like this...

I like the nice metallic black finish. Personally I saw a Ferrari with a red metallic finish, oh dear god it was nice.
        Last edited by DeAmaro; 01-12-2008, 11:05 PM.

Comment

jet black! just personal opinion to me though. i just dont like metallic black at all. just looks like a flaky dark grey.

Comment

Phantom Black Metallic on the GTO's was very sharp. I couldn't find one with Red Hot interior so I ended up with my Spice Red Metallic. I think the firebird would look awesome in Phantom Black!
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
              I agree. Have you seen Honda Berlina Black on a s2000? It has a red flake.

Comment

pm oi bird v8, i know he went with a metallic black. i looks really good.
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

black base with black candy over top

looks like black you can swim in. either way hope you know how to wet sand and buff...
                  foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                  if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Black with a little colored pearl in the clear looks awesome. I painted two of my black guitars like this (because I saw it on a car and loved it). One with green pearl and one with blue. We also shot a black CRX with red pearl in the front faded to blue in the rear. It came out pretty sweet.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

I would like to see a black/black like CamaroJeff mentioned.
                      If it's a firebird, do a gold flake firechicken on the hood.

If it's a camaro, a two tone light/dark blue transformers logo.
                      EDIT: autobot or decepticon, depending on your personality. :D
                      Last edited by GinsuGuy585; 01-16-2008, 01:40 PM.

Comment

doo eet... http://www.alsacorp.com/Merchant2/me...Yes&Quantity=1

extremely easy candy concentrate to apply. no blenders or innercoat additives necessary and its very affordable. go to the paint and additives tab, candy concentrates, and application guide if you want specs.
                        foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                        if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X