ordered new rims and bought new truck! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ordered new rims and bought new truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ordered new rims and bought new truck!

well those are the same rims built for another vehicle, but the wheels, the pattern and all is what I ordered for my car...sorry for the confusion, thats all I saw online. ordered in a store. but they're nice huh?>
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs
      well those are the same rims built for another vehicle, but the wheels, the pattern and all is what I ordered for my car...sorry for the confusion, thats all I saw online. ordered in a store. but they're nice huh?>
      what size did you get?????
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

they don't even make those rims with our bolt pattern. not so yummy.

Comment

what makes a rim fwd or rwd?

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
            what makes a rim fwd or rwd?
            generally its the offset of the lug seat or "backspacing". most of the time you can fit rwd wheels on a fwd car (it would look goofy as hell sticking way out) but ive never seen anyone make a fwd wheel fit on a rwd car.
            foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
            if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Our cars have a high positive offset rim anyway, don't they? Like a +45 or something. That's pretty damn close to what most FWD cars run, if I'm not mistaken.
              Last edited by Bonemaro; 01-14-2008, 06:09 PM.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

ours are a "kind of in between" offset. closer to fwd, but far from rwd. i was in a pinch once and used a wheel from a 78 trans am as a spare to make it home. it worked, but stuck out severely.

after that i got a factory spare :)
                foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

You could use rwd rims with a widebody kit, but the steering would be a bit off. :D

Comment

ive seen FWD wheels on fbodys with like a 40mm offset, worked fine. also a 7.5" will hold a 245 tire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X