Painted Valve Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Valve Covers

I got around to painting my spare valve covers for my engine buildup. I did black with polished runners down the middle. Here are some pics:

http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Re: Painted Valve Covers

looks good. whats the paint scheme on the rest of the engine gunna look like?
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Lookin good! The polished runners adds a nice touch to the black!!

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
        looks good. whats the paint scheme on the rest of the engine gunna look like?
        I am thinking the heads are going to be aluminum/grey color. Holden intakes are going to be black with the upper manifold cover being polished to match the valve covers. Going to add some bling under the hood with that manifold. :)

I was going to go with black heads, but did some searching and I think the grey/aluminum color will go good with the vc's I just painted and polished

Comment

oh yea and in those fed ex boxes they are sitting on are abbott stage 3 heads :)

Comment

looks good, they are the opposite of mine. Silver with black runners

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
              looks good, they are the opposite of mine. Silver with black runners
              you painted them silver though right? These are polished runners. ;)

I do have another set I was playing around with to see what a completely polished set would look like. I have one halfway done, it is all smoothed out with the grinder, now it needs to be sanded with sandpaper until it is a mirror. Will take some time. I think it would be hard to keep them clean as well.

Comment

You took my idea! I have a spare set from the set of heads I'm working on and I have the same scheme. I haven't quite finished them but now I know it will look good when it's done :)
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                  you painted them silver though right? These are polished runners. ;)

I do have another set I was playing around with to see what a completely polished set would look like. I have one halfway done, it is all smoothed out with the grinder, now it needs to be sanded with sandpaper until it is a mirror. Will take some time. I think it would be hard to keep them clean as well.
                  oh, well it looks the same. but it probably looks better in person

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

sweet sweet. best bay mod to do. really cleans it up.
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Those look great! :tup:
                      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

yea its kinda backwards from mine. (silver upper and lower and VC, then black heads)
                        Dave:
                        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Very nice. I plan on doing that whenever I end up getting new rocker arms. I'd like to do mine white with red stripes but white would be a bad idea.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                            Good to see the site is back up
                            by 2.8 Bird
                            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                            2 days ago
                          • FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X