how do i install a billit grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i install a billit grill?

so after i take my car to the body shop to fix whare i desrtoyed my clearcoat finish (i sanded it down, buffed and polished it perfictly, only to realize it all lifted bacause i sprayed over a one stage spot paint job someone elce did) im going to order a billit grill. i feel incompitent after compleetly killing my front end's finish and burning half of the money i wanted to put into the motor to have someone elce fix it. Can i mess up putting in a grill? it looks like i have to drill into the fiberglass in the front. how do i do it?

Re: how do i install a billit grill?

the front is plastic. I didn't even bother drilling, just put some pressure on the screw driver, the screws that came with it were self tapping so it wasn't a problem. 4 screws .Took all of 3 minutes to install, two of which was properly placing it.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Cool. I saw a picture of yourse with it, it looks soo soo good. What keeps it from rattleing out of place and stripping the plastic?

Comment

It only weighs a few pounds and the screws do a good job of grabbing to the plastic, and the bumper is pretty thick, so you shouldn't have to worry about it coming off.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Cool. Remember that post I made about my messing up my clear coat? I wet sanded it and used the compound, and made the coat smooth enough to lick, but the clear was messed up under it. It wasn't sticking to the other paint I guess. That sucks. I'm just going to have a shop fix it bacause I'm sick of messing with it. But thanks to you now I know how to do it if I had the right kind of paint.

Comment

Sorry to hear it. You're just going to have it resprayed? Well, as I recall it didn't all match anyway right? So at least now it will all match, and chances are it was chipped up too right?
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
              the front is plastic. I didn't even bother drilling, just put some pressure on the screw driver, the screws that came with it were self tapping so it wasn't a problem. 4 screws .Took all of 3 minutes to install, two of which was properly placing it.
              yeah it's really not hard at all! and honestly the hardest (most time consuming) part is getting it straight which again only took ~2 minutes
              1996 Silver Camaro RS, A4, K&N CAI, Flowtech exhaust, !MAF screen.

http://www.fquick.com/96silverbullet

Comment

indeed

Comment

the front end wasnt perfict, it ws a little messed up, just not 300 dollers messeed up untill i f'ed it up lol. and silver bullet, i love the grill in your sig, are the bar's farther apart? or dose it look like that bacause of the angle it is at? i love still being able to see the boe tie behind it.

Comment

Am I the only one who has an issue with the grille sitting flush due to the fog lights?

Comment

^mine sits flush but only because it is against the fog lights
                      1996 Silver Camaro RS, A4, K&N CAI, Flowtech exhaust, !MAF screen.

http://www.fquick.com/96silverbullet

Comment

if mine dosent work im just takeing out the fog lights, they dont work anyway.

Comment

Didn't have a problem with my grill hitting my stock fog lights, or the pilot lights I had in there, or the projectors I have in there now.

What's wrong with the fogs? Did you check the relay and bulbs?
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

The fogs protude so the grill hits them before the mount points touch the plastic. There is about 1" of clearance. I was going to create spacers for it if I can't get it figured out.

Comment

Are they stock fog lights? Are they in correctly? (right-left)
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X