New Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Paint

A few weeks ago me and my car got into a fight with a tiny little tree, i lost a mirror and got some nice scuffs, (the tree however was uprooted). So my car needed work and maaco just happened to be having a sale. i repainted it a similar color from what is was when i got it. only this nice with a good bit of clear coat. The results can been seen below. By the way, you have my permission to be jealous.

Re: New Paint

[IMG][/IMG]

Pictures were taken with a camera phone, so quality is not the best. Especially cause of the sun, phone can't handle the glare. these pictures don't do it justice.
    Last edited by twpetry; 01-30-2008, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Never been the biggest fan of blue, but it looks pretty good. I like that it's metallic. How much did the job run you?
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

bout $900, yeah it had to be metallic, i don't like plain blue.

future plans include white racing stripes (much like the dodge viper look) and window tint. but i have to wait for the funds. Being 19, and planning to go to college, i don't have alot of money

Comment

why does it look like there are rivets in the front bumper on both sides

Comment

because there are. they were there when i bought the car, from a used car dealer....not the best place to buy a car

Comment

my grand fathers first corvette was this color i just remember it when i was little i know it was an 87 and it was coupe it was really cool when i was 10 now he has a 01 red corvette he wants to get i c5 convertible with this color paint i think its called quasar Blue metallic or something like that if i here it i will think of it with black leather int and a black top with a 6-speed with chrome wheels i keep looking for him i have only see a few and there have white int tho very few with black but i love this color!!! def a 10 with window tint and white stripes!!!!

Comment

whats the exact color of the your car?

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
                  why does it look like there are rivets in the front bumper on both sides
                  Looks like someone took off the front part of the W68 kit and put rivets in to fill the holes.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Looks good for a Maaco special.

Not my favorite color, but it works well with your bird.

Comment

Yeah the paint job doesnt look bad, but maaco paintjobs have a bad reputaion to not be the best and may not last.

$900 bucks isnt bad though
                      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by twpetry
                        [IMG][/IMG]

Pictures were taken with a camera phone, so quality is not the best. Especially cause of the sun, phone can't handle the glare. these pictures don't do it justice.
                        I really like the last pic. It looks very artful.

What kind of package did you get? I'm sure it wasn't the Ambassador one right?

This year I'm planning on having my Fiero painted red, but I wanna buy the sail panels and tail light cover first before painting it. So does it look as the oem paint?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

You're missing the chin spoilers for W68 kit. If you look on your door jam, you'll see RPO code W68.

Those rivets, holes, are there to hold the brackets and hold the chin spoilers in place.

Nice and even...nice color.

Comment

yeah overall the car looks really nice, but u can definatly tell maaco did it, lot of overspray and such. it was the signature service. i can't remember the exact color right now. but the guy said he gave it 3-4 coats of clear coat.

Yeah i kno its missing the w68 front, but it doesn't look that bad with out em. i'll live. i gotta clean the wheels though, they have some kinda crap on them, polishing them takes a long time. i only got one wheel polished for these pics. the crap on my wheels turned my polish gooey very quickly, i only got one done before i got frustrated. i'll have to do it again to get it right, then finish the other ones.

Comment

maaco... extra clear

90% of maaco paint jobs consist of single stage paint. no clear in the procedure. although its not a bad paint job. not bad at all :tup:
                              wax it religiously ;)
                              foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                              if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X