Clear All

Re: New Paint

i think my firebird is the same color

Comment

maybe not

Comment

Speaking of waxing, i've never waxed a car before, actually come to think of it, as far as car care goes, i've only ever just washed my car. i have literally no experience with wax, polish, or anything. But i want to start.

After i got my car back from the shop my parents bought me a small orbital buffer, i was grateful, but i'm to scared to use it! i'm afraid i'll mess something up.....HELP???

Comment

Originally posted by twpetry
          Speaking of waxing, i've never waxed a car before, actually come to think of it, as far as car care goes, i've only ever just washed my car. i have literally no experience with wax, polish, or anything. But i want to start.

After i got my car back from the shop my parents bought me a small orbital buffer, i was grateful, but i'm to scared to use it! i'm afraid i'll mess something up.....HELP???
          Don't use the orbital buffer. I'm still angry at the guy from the dealer when I took my bird in for a warranty repair. After the repair they cleaned it with the orbital buffer and now I have swirl marks. After I told them a couple of times not to clean my car because I use a special kind of wax.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Quick question, you got any pictures of door jams and under the hood?

I know your post said "similar" color, but how similar? I've heard the paint job does not include painting the door jams. I really don't care about the underside of the hood.

I'm considering Maaco, since my fabulous Teal is starting to show age and typical wear and heavy tear. :(

Comment

Originally posted by InfraredMonkey
              Quick question, you got any pictures of door jams and under the hood?

I know your post said "similar" color, but how similar? I've heard the paint job does not include painting the door jams. I really don't care about the underside of the hood.

I'm considering Maaco, since my fabulous Teal is starting to show age and typical wear and heavy tear. :(
              My car was originally white. when i got it from the dealership it was already painted a metallic blue similar to what i have now, but my car was originally white. That was apparent by the door jams etc. I don't know who first painted the car blue, they didn't do the door jams.

When I took it to maaco, i think the guy asked me if i wanted the door jams done too (Don't quote me on it, but i think he asked me) i told him not to worry about it. I had horrible dreams of having a metallic blue interior :eek:

Maaco was cheapest, so i went with them however i do believe you just missed the sale i got in on for like $250 off their top service. You'll probably get a better quality job done some where else. Maaco is like the McDonald's of the paint world. sure they're cheap, but they're also sloppy.

By the way, Don't take my color!!!:spank:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X