Cars going back to the body shop again... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cars going back to the body shop again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars going back to the body shop again...

Well my cars gonna be going back to the body shop again to have some dings and dents removed as well as having some scratches on the rear bumper cover removed. I just dont get how people can just throw their doors open in a parking lot and not care what it hits. I mean ok so they dont give a crap about any body elses car, but if you hit another car with your door it's gona mess up your door to right?! I am just getting real tired of having to shell out money to have these things fixed when i know other people are so careless. Maybe people just don't take pride in their vehicles, i just don't know anymore. :rant: :rant:

The bodyshop is gonna cut me a deal since i am a repeat customer. The adjustor said he would take care of all the dings/dents on the passenger side rear quater panel for $400. He said that they are gonna do it by drilling a small hole from inside the speaker hole and fix it from the inside so they dont have to mess up the factory paint/clearcoat. I also asked him to price fixing the scrathes on the back bumper cover. He said that as long as he had the car he would take care of those for free. I am also having the car re-pinstriped since the old pinstripe is coming of in little bits and fading. At least nobody has dented the passenger side door that i just had fixed just this past summer.

I get some pics up soon of the dings/dents, just got to get motivated to go out in the cold.
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Re: Cars going back to the body shop again...

pics or ban

Comment

Some ***** (turned out to be a paroll officer) flung her door open into my mirror and took a big chip out. Instead of apologizing she decided to get a cop to complain about how I was being rude to her when I addressed her regarding what she had just done. (which btw I wasn't, and have witnesses).

Some people are just stupid douche bags and don't care about anything.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
        Instead of apologizing she decided to get a cop to complain about how I was being rude to her when I addressed her regarding what she had just done. (which btw I wasn't, and have witnesses).
        I love how nobody takes responsability for anything anymore, don't people have any scruples...

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro
          He said that they are gonna do it by drilling a small hole from inside the speaker hole and fix it from the inside so they dont have to mess up the factory paint/clearcoat...
          wtf?!

oh, and if your doors actually dent theres something seriously wrong. its kind of difficult for smc to dent...
          Last edited by CamaroJeff™; 01-31-2008, 09:18 PM.
          foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
          if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroJeff™
            wtf?!

oh, and if your doors actually dent theres something seriously wrong. its kind of difficult for smc to dent...
            what do you mean WTF?

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro
            The adjustor said he would take care of all the dings/dents on the passenger side rear quater panel for $400. He said that they are gonna do it by drilling a small hole from inside the speaker hole and fix it from the inside so they dont have to mess up the factory paint/clearcoat.
            I never said anything bout a door... oh well

Comment

The panels are metal. The doors are composite. He must've misunderstood. Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, I bought my pewter convertible with a key scratch on the door. I asked the dealer to fix it before I bought it, and they said they'd do so, but never did. They touched it up with some touch-up paint. I had to take it to a body shop to get the entire top part of the door blended into the rear quarter panel. Total cost: $850. :eek: Pewter is a tough color to match. I've used GM spray paint on the body kit in a couple of spots and that worked well but I eventually got those re-painted too. GM paint is not very good quality paint from the factory. It chips VERY easily, so it's tough to keep these cars perfect.

As I said in another post, I usually take an end spot in a lot or park a good distance away from everyone else. I also park on a weird angle so that when someone parks next to me, their door "usually" clears the side of my car. Sometimes I'll even "chirp" my alarm to let them know I'm nearby when they are about to get out of their car.
              2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
              1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
              2011 Cadillac CTS-V
              2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
              2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

yep, i missed that part. i thought i read somewhere that your door was dented. either way whats up with drilling holes inside the speaker hole to fix the dents? i do paint and body for a living and there are a number of paintless dent removal tools that make for not having to drill holes or do paint work.

i just dont understand the drilling part...

Comment

I was wondering about that too. The paintless dent repair tools should do the trick fine. I don't see why any holes would be drilled.
                  2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                  1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                  2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                  2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                  2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
                    I was wondering about that too. The paintless dent repair tools should do the trick fine. I don't see why any holes would be drilled.

ive seen big dents get drilled and then they use a tool to pull the dent out. little dents and dings shouldnt need thing. as you said, paintless tools should work fine.
                    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

i've got so many scratches around my car it pains me to look at them. how much do ya'll think for a good paint job all over the car? i wanna keep it pewter though. maybe white.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
                        ive seen big dents get drilled and then they use a tool to pull the dent out. little dents and dings shouldnt need thing. as you said, paintless tools should work fine.
                        drilling a hole in a big dent is old school. they use a slide hammer with a screw tip to pop the dent out. if youre going to break the paint you should use either a hammer and dolly or a stinger (stud welder). it basically welds a stud (or draw pin) to the panel, and you use a special slide hammer that grabs the draw pin to pull the dent. no holes drilled.
                        looks kinds like this:

between the glue type and the behind the panel type theres no reason any holes should be drilled to massage a dent/ding out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                          Good to see the site is back up
                          by 2.8 Bird
                          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                          2 days ago
                        • FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X