Ram Air hoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Air hoods

I'm looking into to getting a Ram Air Hood for my Firebird, partly because about a month ago my car was jumped on in the middle of the night and now the hood is all dented up. I was wondering what is the best way to go? Buy a fiberglass one off ebay? Look around at junk yards for a OEM hood? A functional or not?
    2001 Firebird 3.8L

Re: Ram Air hoods

my ram air hood was a steal literally, it only cost me $150 from my mechanic and i go the chrome rims for $100, my guess was that they were stolem....the hoods is still an aftermarket one that i usually see on ebay...dont really understand how they work b.c they dont use the setup that the OEM hoods do...and with those u have to buy it which will run u about 300-400 unless you just want the hood for looks and go with an SLP cold air intake

Comment

look around for some in a junkyard, but chances are you won't find one. If you get one on ebay, make sure its from a legit seller for fitment purposes. There are a few that are OEM that go on ebay and you can find some on ls1tech.com

If you decide to spend some cash, go for the SLP hood.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

if its a 98+ then yeah get a ram air hood.
        mine came with one.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRider
          I'm looking into to getting a Ram Air Hood for my Firebird, partly because about a month ago my car was jumped on in the middle of the night and now the hood is all dented up. I was wondering what is the best way to go? Buy a fiberglass one off ebay? Look around at junk yards for a OEM hood? A functional or not?
          If you decide to go E-bay, I recommend going with one of the auctions from U.S. Exotics. I just bought one from him in December, seems he makes them himself after the auction closes. They're the WS9 style with the heat extractors. He communicates well, and I received the hood about a week ago. Very good quality, comes with the grills built into the intakes. He says his hoods will match up with the WS6 airbox, which I did buy. Haven't put either of them on yet as my paint appointment is at the start of March, but the bolt pattern for the airbox matches up.

Your call how you want to do it though.

Comment

i got a ram air for my 2000 its oem its in perfect condition it was 1,200 on ebay. get fiber glass its cheaper and you can use the v8 box with the v6. get a fiberglass ram air.

Comment

^^^I hope you didn't pay 1200 for a hood.... Get on ebay and look at the WS9 hood made by us exotics. People usually bid up to 650 or sometimes as low as 450. Depends on who your bidding against. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBird00
                ^^^I hope you didn't pay 1200 for a hood.... Get on ebay and look at the WS9 hood made by us exotics. People usually bid up to 650 or sometimes as low as 450. Depends on who your bidding against. Good luck!
                Yes, I got mine on the low end of that scale. Considering that through one of the sites it'll run an easy $700+, and given my experience with U.S. Exotics, I'd say his auctions are the best way to go. But that's just my opinion and I haven't installed it yet...

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys
                  2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WS9-h...em120218533592
                    here is a link to the ws9 hood
                    96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

I got a stock 99 hood Pewter. You pay freight and its yours for free.
                      (non-ram air)
                      Cardomain

Comment

It is hard to find a ram air hood in a junk yard. I bought my WS6 hood for $275 shipped off Ebay.

You can buy an aftermarket hood, but be careful about the brand. I would stick to SLP or suncoast to be safe. But there are a lot of others out there cheaper, just not as precise and a bit more work to fit/ look good.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X