is it possible and how hard would it be to... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible and how hard would it be to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible and how hard would it be to...

i recently did a t-top conversion on my 98 firebird.

i dont wanna pay 150+ for a t-top headliner.

so is possible to cut my hardtop headliner? will it look like crap?

and.. could i cut my current hardtop a-pillar to look like the t-top a-pillar?

Re: is it possible and how hard would it be to...

its possible. i think it'll look right too. for the headliner..i would have to cut it and leave maybe 2 extra inches so i can fold that over and superglue it to the back of the headliner. so the edges will look just like a real t-top headliner and the orange stuff on the inside wont break off.

for the a-pillar.. i can cut it to be the same size of the t-top a-pillar. only difference will be it'll be missing a little lip on the end. then i'll make the edge smooth.

Comment

i'll take pictures if anyone is interested. nobody is gonna buy those parts anyway so if i mess up..its no loss.

Comment

I actually cut my headlinear when i did my t-top conversion. I will try to get pics up tommorrow to show you how mines came out.

Comment

did u fold the ends over? or just a straight cut

Comment

just cut it and if it doesn't work, then buy a new one. Doesn't hurt to try though. Right around my t-tops, the headliner is in crappy shape. The edges are rolled and ragged... at the worst yours will look the same.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

yes fold them
              no

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

here is how mine ended up. its not perfect but good enough for me.

Sorry for the blurryness, I used my camara phone. The only thing I regret is that I did not leave enough of the headlinear to fold it up, but like I said its good enough for me.

Comment

i have heard there is a fiberglass or plastic headliner for t top cars anyone know hwere to get one
                  96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

i just got around to doing mine today. it came out nice. i just took the t-tops off. then took scissors and cut out the t-top area but left 2 inches. then peeled the clothe away from the yellow cushion stuff. then took a razor blade and cut the yellow cushion flush with the outline of the t-top area. then i just took the clothe and tucked it under the black weatherstripping. i'll go back later and glue it down. i know you can do it a different way but my way was pretty easy.

Comment

if it doesnt turn out like you want, you can always buy one. i got one from a guy who totaled his maro for 20 bucks.

Comment

sucks you don't have a local f-body junk yard like me. i got my head liner for $50! but i did price out what it would cost to get my head liner modded. it was insane the prices they were asking.
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X