Score! So what else do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score! So what else do I need?

Bought this from a guy who was parting out a 99' T/A. I think I got a great deal...

*New* GM 1998-2002 Trans Am front bumper

*New* GM 1998-2002 Trans Am fenders

*New* Left Honeycomb Tail Light

Right Honeycomb Tail Light
    1998-2002 Trans Am hatch (black to match my car, not pictured)
    1993-2002 Door (mine had damage)

Front Bumper Absorber(....I have a question about this)

All for *drum roll* $629 lol. I wish I would have had more cash on me to talk the guy out of the headlight assembly he had as I was able to talk him down pretty cheap on the things he sold me but oh well. So i'm pretty sure that "front bumper absorber" is for the rear but I wasn't going to argue with him since he was throwing it in, i'm pretty sure the front is foam right??

I have the rear converted, looks great but want to wait till I wash the car to post some pictures (bought a black T/A rear bumper from a member on here for $80 a few days earlier).

So what else do I need besides a 1998-2002 hood, left & right headlight assemblies.....and what else?? Are there plastic splash guards and like I said isn't the front absorber foam and where can I buy that? Thanks and I own a 1995 Firebird Coupe. Thanks

P.S. How do I get the links to look like pictures?? I put the img tags around the links?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Firebird Phoenix; 01-31-2008, 10:26 PM.

Re: Score! So what else do I need?

good buy

Comment

**** dude good job. Except the front lights and assembly i believe are the most expensive..lol

Comment

Nice to see pics of it Josh! Your gonna need to do some wiring up front with some fog lights, daytime running lights and your gonna need to buy side markers. Oh and I can sell you a 98-02 hood that came off my firebird. It's already painted black! It's on craigslist for 100 but i'll let it go to you for 75! No cracks dings or dents.. just the normal few rock chips and what not. If you decide to you want to buy it... bring a truck this time lol. Your coming a way on this car man. Can't wait to see it finished! Cya around!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBird00
          Nice to see pics of it Josh! Your gonna need to do some wiring up front with some fog lights, daytime running lights and your gonna need to buy side markers. Oh and I can sell you a 98-02 hood that came off my firebird. It's already painted black! It's on craigslist for 100 but i'll let it go to you for 75! No cracks dings or dents.. just the normal few rock chips and what not. If you decide to you want to buy it... bring a truck this time lol. Your coming a way on this car man. Can't wait to see it finished! Cya around!
          Hmm as good as a deal that is i'm looking to buy a ram air hood (probably the ws9) but I appreciate the offer and the sale on the rear t/a bumper man. The rear end looks great, can't wait to do the front.

Comment

i'd look for the lights at a junkyard. theres always atleast 5 98+ firebirds at my local junkyard

Comment

is an engine swap on the way to go w/ the trans am look?

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird Phoenix
                Bought this from a guy who was parting out a 99' T/A. I think I got a great deal...

So what else do I need besides a 1998-2002 hood, left & right headlight assemblies.....and what else??
                The motor to back up the poser look! :p Good deals though, congrats! Have fun with paint and prep costs...
                2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I know I know about the whole engine thing lol. It was cheaper for me to do the T/A look(especially with the deals i'm getting!) then to do the engine swap as I also can't be without a car right now due to college. I'd like to raise enough funds to possibly entertain the idea of a engine swap this summer but I know for sure I do plan on a engine swap/6-speed transmission instead of my 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird Phoenix
                    Hmm as good as a deal that is i'm looking to buy a ram air hood (probably the ws9) but I appreciate the offer and the sale on the rear t/a bumper man. The rear end looks great, can't wait to do the front.
                    definitely go for the ram air hood man. your car will look wonderful!

Comment

Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction on what I literally need down to what size bolts?

I bought a ws9 hood(waiting for it to arrive).

It's a 1995 Firebird.

So I already have the two fenders, hood, front bumper.

Now what?

Complete headlight assemblies, parking lamps, turn signals, what else?

I've seen links on here on people doing the conversion but they are not that detailed for the Firebird 93-97 to 98-02 conversion. I'm going to need to know what size bolts and any other misc stuff as I don't have access to a parts car trans am. Thank you guys and anyone who can help.

Comment

you probably dont need a specific size bolts.. just buy what you think will work. bolts with nuts

Comment

Originally posted by JumpInTheFire.com
                          you probably dont need a specific size bolts.. just buy what you think will work. bolts with nuts
                          I'd like to have everything prepared before taking off my old front end apart and would like to attempt to knock this out all in one day. The write ups i've seen don't even say what I need to bolt what and where and so on.

I don't even know what I need for the nose, I think I need a 98-02 foam absorber? Plus will the headlights mount up or will a need a new (support bar?)??? If someone could find a nice detailed firebird conversion the post it, if not I guess repairing a stock 98-02 trans am body guide would work?? Thanks

Comment

as far as bolts you can probably reuse the ones on your car

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

What about the T/A side skirts?? Do they bolt up or am I going to have to drill holes?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X