T-Tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Tops

I have a 96 v6 Camaro with no t-tops and i know it may sound insane but would it be possible to somehow convert for t-tops without buying a new car or is that just way out of line?

Re: T-Tops

Yes you can, and use the search their have been several threads dedicated to this.
    1996 Silver Camaro RS, A4, K&N CAI, Flowtech exhaust, !MAF screen.

http://www.fquick.com/96silverbullet

Comment

search option is ur best friend....this topic has been dicussed to death the past couple months

87 Firebird RIP
      96 Camaro RS RIP
      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

yeah many people have done it. it take a lot of balls, skill, and patience to do. it involves cutting the frame of your car...not something id be comfortable doing.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by 96Cmaro
          i know it may sound insane....
          bwhahahahahahaha

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

There was just a post about a week or so ago that had a link to a steep by steep highly detailed set of instruction complete with pictures of every step.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

i did it. that website with the instructions leaves some stuff out though.

u gotta have t-tops, weatherstripping, lock brackets. thats what u need to lock them in. then to finish it (to make the interior look good)..you get the a-pillars, b-pillars and u can cut your existing headliner or buy a new one for 150+. go on ebay or a junkyard.

Comment

Coming in late on this, so may be out of line since I have done no research.

But wouldn't the easiest route to buy a complete top (with t-tops) from junk yard then just replace your existing hardtop with factory used top?

Comment

i dont think it would easier. you're doing alot of welding then because you'd have cut and then weld the new top all way across the front area and the back area.

Comment

its not easier to buy a junked car top... (though that is what you do with a 3rd gen)

you just need all the parts, the factory mounting holes for all the equipment are already in you car.

All f-bodies are t-top cars, just depends if they tack welded(not even fully welded) a piece of metal, then put the full piece roof skin on.

You are not affecting the structural integrity of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
                      You are not affecting the structural integrity of the car.
                      yes you do but not to worry about.

Comment

actually you need subframe connectors from what I have been told. and if you have a V8 in it, its seriously needed.. PER the chevy dealer body shop guy..

But you can get a set NEW for a bit over $100.

But if anyone has done this without the subframe con. please let us know..
                        But he did say it would be a good idea.

who knows, Im still looking for parts.. almost had it all but it fell through. UGH.

Archer
                        MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
                        http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

you dont need subframe connectors

but i would recommends them on ANY car because they are just that good of an upgrade

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

i gotta install my weather stripping tomorrow. i gotta do some trimming too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X