Tinting gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinting gauges

Has anyone ever tryed putting window tint on the outside of there gages so you can only see them if the lights are on like a mazda? Now that I think about it you probably couldn't see it at daytime

Re: Tinting gauges

lol ok

Comment

that would be more work than it would be worth, its not fun pulling out the cluster, and tint would probably bubble up on the numbers and markings if you arnt a good tinter. plus it would make the gauges hard to see. if anything just go white face.

Comment

I say go for it... but why hide guages when you could just buy better guages
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

$ I guess. There's no way to get the clear plastic part off without ripping the whole thing off?

Comment

I hope the adhesive on the tint doesn't burn into the plastic and cloud up the entire thing. Not sure if it would or not, just that plastics are reactive to a lot of stuff.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

what exactly were you wanting to tint? The gauges themselves or the clear plastic cover over the cluster?
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                what exactly were you wanting to tint? The gauges themselves or the clear plastic cover over the cluster?

he meant the clear plastic in front of the gauges

Comment

If you want to carry this out, your best bet is to buy another clear plastic cover and play with that. I would probably try 50% tint first, and if that isn't enough, try 35%. VHT Niteshades is another option, but will take some prep and conditioning before it will look good.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I think the best way to do it would be to put a clear blue gell on the in side, and spray the outside with 2 thin coats of nightshades that way the gages shine blue. The only problem would be the glare from the sun bacause the night shades would give it sort of a mirror effect. Idk I might toy with the idea

Comment

I think the best way to do it would be to put a clear blue gell on the in side, and spray the outside with 2 thin coats of nightshades that way the gages shine blue. The only problem would be the glare from the sun bacause the night shades would give it sort of a mirror effect. Idk I might toy with the idea. But how do you get that clear plastic cover off? I need to clean behind it

Comment

Originally posted by niik000
                        I think the best way to do it would be to put a clear blue gell on the in side, and spray the outside with 2 thin coats of nightshades that way the gages shine blue. The only problem would be the glare from the sun bacause the night shades would give it sort of a mirror effect. Idk I might toy with the idea. But how do you get that clear plastic cover off? I need to clean behind it

i dont think a clear blue gel will make it shine blue, with the summer heat it will probably melt the gel and turn to ****. there should be clips or screws holding the plastic sheild on. id say if you really want to do it tint the sheild and then that way you can get a new sheild if you dont like it, the sheild would be less expessive to replace than the cluster, if you get a new cluster your milage display wont be correct. id kinda like to see how it turns out, i tint everything.... even my mirrors... works great keeping the glare down from headlights at night, and yes i can still see my mirrors fine. if you want it to glow blue i saw a write up somewhere that you can replace the bulbs in the cluster with colored ones. like i said it would be interesting to see how it turns out but i dont think its going to work out like those mazdas.... mabe you should try retro fitting a heads up display like a vette if you have the cash

Comment

i dont have the cash lol im trying to save up to do stuff to the motor. i might buy some blue 35 tint and put it on the shield and not stick it on to see how it looks sometime, if i do ill deffanantly post pictures and stuff

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X