Self ported/polished heads and intakes - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self ported/polished heads and intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self ported/polished heads and intakes

i think they turned out ok for what i put into them. Wasnt looking for some hard core port job.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: Self ported/polished heads and intakes

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Looks good, wrong section Newb. J/K
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

well this is the show and shine section, and im showing them off :D

Comment

This is basically what i started with.
          Thisis the other head i have only done the intake port on

Comment

Thats what mine looked liked when I started, the heads will look alot better when their milled, and painted.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Are you going with the stock SI valves?

Comment

either those, or i might go with manley valves. I heard there were some problems with si valves failing?

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                  either those, or i might go with manley valves. I heard there were some problems with si valves failing?
                  I heard that too. But I think the persons running them didn't see the disclaimer that says don't run over 115lb springs. I plan on running the comp 105's, so I should be fine.

Comment

doing that wrong can decrease HP

i hope u did it righttt

Comment

i will be fine, i didnt "hog out" the ports, i just cleaned them up by removing casting flaws and smoothing transitions

Comment

You'll be fine, I did this 5 years ago when my engine was rebuilt and never had any problems. And that is after running a supercharger and now running 125 shot of nitrous. It is when you start reshaping and start expanding the ports and taking alot of material off is where you run into problems, since you have to make them the same.

Comment

you want your intake ports to be ruff, and exhaust to be smooth. you might want to ruffen up the intake ports a bit. just something i learned back when i used to build quads..

Comment

Originally posted by HossV6 View Post
                            you want your intake ports to be ruff, and exhaust to be smooth. you might want to ruffen up the intake ports a bit. just something i learned back when i used to build quads..
                            i did that, exhaust port and combustion chamber are as smooth as i could get it, and i finished off the intake with 80grit

Comment

Did you use the standard abrasive porting kit?

I have the deluxe porting kit, die grinder, heads, and the intakes are on their way.. I'm going to start mine tomorrow.

I don't have the intake gaskets yet.. what should I do tomorrow? Just like, take out the casting lines/start the valve guide/smooth short side radius?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X