Self ported/polished heads and intakes - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self ported/polished heads and intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Self ported/polished heads and intakes

Looks about like mine, but i also did a full valve job. You going to deck it at all?

Just finished painting my valve covers black with the 3 lines polished to a mirror shine.. they look amazing.. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by xmetallicaxguitaristx View Post
      Did you use the standard abrasive porting kit?

I have the deluxe porting kit, die grinder, heads, and the intakes are on their way.. I'm going to start mine tomorrow.

I don't have the intake gaskets yet.. what should I do tomorrow? Just like, take out the casting lines/start the valve guide/smooth short side radius?
      go to autozone and buy the gaskets

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
      Looks about like mine, but i also did a full valve job. You going to deck it at all?

Just finished painting my valve covers black with the 3 lines polished to a mirror shine.. they look amazing.. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
      what kind of valve job did you get and how much did it cost you? what valves are you using? stock?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

what is porting? using a grinder to make the holes bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
          what kind of valve job did you get and how much did it cost you? what valves are you using? stock?
          5 angle. I actually took a class on engine rebuilding, which for a relatively small fee gets you unlimited access to all the machinery and stuff. I used stock valves but refinished with some modification for better flow.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X