Slid into a Snow Bank at 25 mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slid into a Snow Bank at 25 mph

The gap in the hood was already there, but as for the fender, what are you talking about?

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    New Trans Setup:Rebuilt 4L60E, Yank ST2800 Stall, B&M Trans Cooler,
    TCI Deep Pan, Royal Purple, Trans-go Shift Kit. Should be done in January.

Comment

Good thing your doors open upwards incase you land sideways against a snow bank! lol, jk jk! I couldn't resist.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Glad you are okay. Remember sports cars were not made for snow. Also I say move away from the snow and never look back.

Comment

where the door meets the quarter panel. it almost looks like the panel got pushed out, but it might just be the way it looks or something.

Comment

mine does the same thing... who knows
            2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by cantrip View Post
              where the door meets the quarter panel. it almost looks like the panel got pushed out, but it might just be the way it looks or something.
              I actually took a closer look at what you were saying and it turns out the bottom of that fender isn't even bolted to my car.

Huzzah! Tomorrow's project!

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS
              New Trans Setup:Rebuilt 4L60E, Yank ST2800 Stall, B&M Trans Cooler,
              TCI Deep Pan, Royal Purple, Trans-go Shift Kit. Should be done in January.

Comment

I dont want to be an *** here.. But shouldnt you use winter tires when its snow and cold? Those tires on the picture doesnt look like winter tires to me. Are they?

But anyway, nice too see that it doesnt look like any serious damage,
                better to have an "annoying" crash than an serious one ! :)

Comment

Nice thing about crashing into snow is... it's snow. Oh and never rely on abs, especially in the winter.

Comment

Wow glad that worked out for you and you, your friend and your car are okay.

Quit driving you car in winter!!! Bad stuff happens in winter. I know a guy that just totalled out a 2000 Camaro SS M6 Loaded because he drove it in winter. He just got the car too, only 40K on the car but it is gone now.

Comment

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess you were probably rolling around on your half-worn summer tires...right? Just like how you don't walk out of your house wearing shorts and sandals in the winter, you don't let your car roll out of the garage with half-dead summer tires

Comment

Sorry to hear about this, but atleast the Camaro isn't totaled and nobody got hurt.

Comment

You have summer tires and winter tires, and then you have tires that are "all-season" tires, that doesnt make them winter tires, usually they are just a bit "rough"/summer tires that is marked all season/M+S so it is lega/possiblel to use them all year round.

But on the other side, most of the U.S. does not have winters like there is here in north europe. Some winter tires are developed up here.

Basically there is studded and un-studded tires, and its an whole other rubber compound on winters than summers.

Its like comparing dry-weather slicks and rain slicks..
                          dry-weathers are useless in the wet, because there is no grooves of course, and importantly you wont get it heated up to get traction.
                          And wet tires are useless in the dry because they just "melt" away after a couple laps and gets super slippy.

Same whit using winters in the summer, they get used up really quickly and is horrible to drive on, they are so soft they give away and understeers and such.. And whit all-season tires its the same thing, they often have a bit rough tread but no sipes and the compound is too hard to be used in the winter. All season tires is very normal in the U.S. actually, I would guess because it is not as much snow there, someplaces there is a lot of snow of course, but mainly not..

Winter tires are marked M+S though...:rolleyes: But then the marking is "true"..:)
                          Dont want to be an smart-*** but winter is winter, at least here!

Comment

If everyone had a ton of money to spend on whatever they needed or wanted I'm pretty sure way more than half of us would have ls7s engines and wouldn't even be on this forum. If I could afford winter tires, I would have them. But since I really can't I struggle with getting stuck in my driveway and gritting my teeth when I'm the slowest car in traffic when theres even a slight snow fall. So unless you want to send us some money or snow tires don't pretend like you're the only one that knows the obvious. btw I have the stock rim sizes on a 98 and a 02 that could use some snow tires, thanks!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

OK, I did not mean it to be mean or something.
                              This winter I actually bought new tires, something I really did not want, because I could not get any other set of wheels that fitted to my car.
                              I guess its partly because of lazyness though..

So I got 18inch winters, theoretical not the best wheels, but I needed some...

But the law says that you have to use winter tires in the winter here, so if you dont buy some, your car is useless because of the bad roads and icy winters, and if you use it without winters and get caught, you probably get a ticket thats almost as high as a set of wheels..

Maybe winters are cheaper up here? I dont think so, but possible.
                              Its a must have here though, legal or not legal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X