T Top conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Top conversion.

Ok here's the deal my 96 is a great car and all i love the way it drives but sometimes I wish I had the T-Top in my car. Let me tell you theirs nothing better than an hour long drive up to my office on a nice sunny friday afternoon:naughty: but it would even be much better if I had the T-top.

Is their anyway I can go about doing a T-Top to an already hardtop body? if so how much work is invovled in this kind of conversion? iam also concidering the complete RS ground effects as well as a complete paint job so theirs alot I wanna do to this car I just don't want to go over the top.

Iam also very inexperanced with working on such huge projects like this any tips anyone can offer perhaps I can hit up the local scrap yard and get a T-Top from their, cut the whole fit it into place and enjoy or is their more to this?.

Re: T Top conversion.

do a search, there are ALOT of t top conversions here. maybe even a sticky too. search and you shall find.
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Yeah, there are to many threads about t-tops, haha.

Comment

there is the wall threw in the stickys.

i've done it.

best mod ever.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

wasnt there a couple threads made about this last month? do a freakin search

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

why isnt there a sticky yet!?

Comment

Make mine a the offical thread then and slap a sticky on it....

BTW iam not exactly "Confident" on doing this myself which is why id rather ask you guys on what to expect and such and iv'e made yet another T-Top thread.:eek:

Comment

read through the other threads that have been made and ull b able to c what problems they have ran into...also search camaroz28.com's data cuz they also have threads about it

87 Firebird RIP
                96 Camaro RS RIP
                94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

dude, no one is ever REALLY confident on cutting the roof off their car....but i did it. and i wouldnt take it back for anything. i love the ttops. this will be the first actual summer i get to use them since i did my conversion toward the end of fall. Just take your time. The worst part is the first cut.

Comment

worse part for me is the spot welds.

Comment

I have a "conversion kit" for sale if you decide to go through with everything. Shoot me a PM if interested
                      \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X