Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some opinions on tint idea.

Hi all,

I'm getting my windows tinted soon. I've been tossing around the idea of...

One layer of tint cut into the Firebird emblem shape, just the outline, with a second layer of tint covering it and the rest of the Driver/Passenger windows.

My concern is, I've got the emblem on front bumper being painted in a standout color, and I've got someone airbrushing the symbol on my hood. So do you guys think this might be too much with the symbol doing it on the windows too?

Re: Need some opinions on tint idea.

You're talking about just the rear window right? Sides would be wayy too much and stupid to boot.

Rear could work if you had maybe 50% tint on the emblem, and whatever % you're doing for the rest overtop. Keep in mind though, you will more than likely end up with an outline of every line in the bird with bubbles as it's a different level and the tint can't conform to it properly.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I was actually thinking sides, the tinter already said I have better luck on the lotto than getting the rear to work without bubbling like heck.

That's one vote for bad idea :) Which is actually what I'm kinda leaning towards myself at this point...

Comment

bad idea rice

Comment

The Firebird logo is the best logo ever created. It'll look sweet on your hood. Maybe you should edit a few pictures and post them on here so we can see exactly what you want.
          Last edited by PontiFireFalcon; 03-08-2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

too much imo
            #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

That is a good idea, but I would never do it on the sides. Would it rly look that bad on the rear window?
              2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

Originally posted by Flurgen View Post
                bad idea rice
                how is that rice????

rofl window tint doesnt make your car rice

Comment

i think its rice when u throw ur car logo anywhere its possible.

front of the car, back of the car, back window, side windows.

to much

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X